News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stolen !

Started by RGA, January 21, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

dang just seen this. makes me sick. so sorry to hear.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

TUFCAT

Quote from: Homerr on January 23, 2015, 11:07:58 AM
I see your craigslist ad, good idea.  Consider adding pics or get some help adding them, it would add a lot.

Can you provide a link to the CL ad so we can repost it to people.

70 sublime

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/4857914592.html

STOLEN !! 1969 DODGE CHARGER $$$REWARD$$$$

Someone stole my 1969'dodge charger this morning out of my driveway.
It is light green and restored in near perfect shape. I am offering a $$$$$ reward for info that helps me find the car and or the people who stole it.
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

Brass

Man, I feel for you.  Hoping you get it back!

white

Have spread the word in the Northeast U.S.A., California and several family members currently in Southeast Asia and Europe. All car people, Have sent info with pictures.

mopar_man

You definitely have a MC club in the area . either HA or O/law, go to the pres and offer a very generous reward (what ever you think its worth to get back in same condition). You might see some quick results. They hate thieves . Check your local chop shops, scrappers or wrecking yards. I bet the car is within 10 miles of where it was stolen from , maybe hid in someones garage .  I feel for you man , nothing I hate worse. :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Is there a system like lone jack, that is cheap and easy to install and find are stolen cars ?

el dub

Your cell phone with gps hidden under the seat. You have to move fast to check it though.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

TUFCAT

Quote from: 70 sublime on January 23, 2015, 03:54:21 PM

STOLEN !! 1969 DODGE CHARGER $$$REWARD$$$$

Someone stole my 1969'dodge charger this morning out of my driveway.
It is light green and restored in near perfect shape. I am offering a $$$$$ reward for info that helps me find the car and or the people who stole it.

Okay I'm not in RGA's shoes....but I don't think this meager ad on CL (in one city) will help .....and this situation should require lots of attention!

It should have contained many details and pictures of the car.  How can a stolen car be recovered without pictures and description?  :shruggy:

Furthermore, how does a reward help for the recovery of an automobile that nobody can identify?

I've attached a "screen image" of the Craigslist posted earlier in this thread.

As you can see it contains no pictures, description, or vin of the stolen Charger.  

I hate to offend RGA,  but I don't think there's a lot of effort here.

I really hope I'm wrong.... but what you see below was exactly what I saw when I clicked the link and screen printed it (1/23/15 11:05PM est).  :popcrn:

Steve P.

Tufcat: I spoke with Bill tonight. I can tell you that he is doing what he has been told by the local police and that this man is broken like you cannot imagine. Of course more description would help, but the fact is he has already had some calls on cars that others had spotted. One turned out to be a 1970. Same color but no vinyl or stripe. Then another that was under a car cover. Again not his.

at this point a vin number could bring more robbers to his home. I personally do not think they were there for his Charger. Maybe so, but he had just pulled it out from the garage and shut it off to go inside and get his daughter ready for school. Putting out his tag number won't do a thing as anyone who stole the car would have changed the plates by now..

He has friends on the force there that are doing what they can and what sounded like more than the usual.

As I said, he is doing what he has been told to do and he is still a mess. I am sure he will put more info out if it is not found soon, but until then let's stop with the second guessing and just do what we can to help him find his car and try to get through this.... 
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

TUFCAT

Quote from: Steve P. on January 23, 2015, 11:39:05 PM
Tufcat: I spoke with Bill tonight. I can tell you that he is doing what he has been told by the local police and that this man is broken like you cannot imagine. Of course more description would help, but the fact is he has already had some calls on cars that others had spotted. One turned out to be a 1970. Same color but no vinyl or stripe. Then another that was under a car cover. Again not his.

at this point a vin number could bring more robbers to his home. I personally do not think they were there for his Charger. Maybe so, but he had just pulled it out from the garage and shut it off to go inside and get his daughter ready for school. Putting out his tag number won't do a thing as anyone who stole the car would have changed the plates by now..

He has friends on the force there that are doing what they can and what sounded like more than the usual.

As I said, he is doing what he has been told to do and he is still a mess. I am sure he will put more info out if it is not found soon, but until then let's stop with the second guessing and just do what we can to help him find his car and try to get through this....  

Steve, imo a full description with pictures should have been posted on every Mopar oriented website known to man immediately (2-1/2 days ago and counting), then on every Craigslist city near Albuquerque and everywhere in between. This type of exposure could have done wonders by now to put the word out on the streets... ....fuggetabout the cops.  :coolgleamA:

Basically, we would know very little about the Charger other than the pictures I posted.  The man loses his pride and joy and he doesn't post any pictures?  There's got to be more to this story.  :popcrn:  

RGA

I suck at posting pictures. How many 69 chargers you gona see in albuquerque ? How many are you gona here about ? If you see any old dodge and you think someone is gona pay you your gona call. I will work on the pics on Craigslist. Thank you for posting the pics here.  I am a father, and a small business owner (working 70 + hours a week)  and I have a new baby 6 weeks old ( no sleep, pissed off woman, screaming baby). And I loose my CHARGER ! It's not a car that I kinda like, not a car someone else built. I built that car, wanted it since I was born, finally finished it and POS jumps in and drives off in it.

So if you have a problem with the way I am handling it stay out of it.

RGA

RGA

Last 5 of vin is 21314.

Just got new dash speaker in the mail.

TUFCAT

Quote from: RGA on January 23, 2015, 11:47:01 PM
I suck at posting pictures. How many 69 chargers you gona see in albuquerque ? How many are you gona here about ? If you see any old dodge and you think someone is gona pay you your gona call. I will work on the pics on Craigslist. Thank you for posting the pics here.  I am a father, and a small business owner (working 70 + hours a week)  and I have a new baby 6 weeks old ( no sleep, pissed off woman, screaming baby). And I loose my CHARGER ! It's not a car that I kinda like, not a car someone else built. I built that car, wanted it since I was born, finally finished it and POS jumps in and drives off in it.

So if you have a problem with the way I am handling it stay out of it.

You can't really suck that badly at posting pictures.

RGA

Posting them on here isn't that easy, also I'm realizing I don't have any real good pics of the car. Didn't realy like showing it off, just liked driving it. Also starting to realize how much it is worth looking at prices out there and I might have been under insured.

TUFCAT

Quote from: RGA on January 24, 2015, 12:10:52 AM
Posting them on here isn't that easy, also I'm realizing I don't have any real good pics of the car. Didn't realy like showing it off, just liked driving it. Also starting to realize how much it is worth looking at prices out there and I might have been under insured.

Shirley you can't be serious

RGA

About what ? Pics on here have to go through photobucket and I don't use it enough to remember my password. I don't have very many pics of it.  When I insured it I thaught that's a lot of money, but realizing what it was and how it was. Un replaceable

RGA

There is more pics on Instagram

Polygon

Your CL add needs a link to the police report or case #.

www.lostinspaceforum.com

If you like the old TV show, Lost In Space, check out my page

TUFCAT

Quote from: Polygon on January 24, 2015, 12:23:24 AM
Your CL add needs a link to the police report or case #.

:iagree:

You guys can flame me all you want, but there's really not enough details on that Albuquerque Craigslist post.

I would have posted pictures, details, and the specific reward amount in every city across the southwest!

TUFCAT

Quote from: RGA on January 24, 2015, 12:21:46 AM

I just talked to a cop friend.  His guess was this was done by somebody he knows....and the police are investing his family first, neighbors second.  That's why there's such limited info.

RGA

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 24, 2015, 01:00:31 AM
Quote from: RGA on January 24, 2015, 12:21:46 AM

I just talked to a cop friend.  His guess was this was done by somebody he knows....and the police are investing his family first, neighbors second.  That's why there's such limited info.

You are full of shit. You want info on my car ? Why ? For what ? So you can try to find it and keep it or what ? Talk more about my family. Post your cop friends name and # than . Maybe on day your car will get taken and let's see how that plays out

JB400

Just ignore Tufcat and let him have his fun speculating.

myk

Quote from: JB400 on January 24, 2015, 02:35:34 AM
Just ignore Tufcat and let him have his fun speculating.

This isn't the sort of topic to be having fun with.  Do some people think this is a matter to take lightly?  I guess some people revel in the misery of others.  Outside of posting tips about the car's TRUE whereabouts or offering condolences people should stay out of it.  Nitpicking a man while he's wounded and down is in really bad taste...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"