News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Choosing an intake (SB 360)

Started by EccentricMagpies, May 30, 2015, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EccentricMagpies

Greetings Gents,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my 360 motor for a rallye project.  My goal was to get around 350 HP.
Here are my plans and what I currently have.
I ordered
- a set of 2.02 EQ heads
- headers.

I am thinking to get the XE268 cam.  I was told it was the max I could get w/o worrying about the converter
I also want to use my thermoquad since it has been rebuilt

I'd prefer a dual plane intake.... but I cannot find a straight forward intake without some type of adapter plate. 

Anyone have suggestions?   Perhaps dual plane simply isn't the way to go?  Or perhaps an adapter plate isn't a big deal?

Thanks
John
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

polywideblock

I'm running a Edelbrock rpm "air gap " with a 670 avenger on a 340  in the  71 roadrunner no clearance issues  , mines endurashine not black but. here's a pic

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

firefighter3931

The Edelbrock "Performer" is a dual plane and has a spreadbore carb flange so you can run your thermoquad. On a mild build this manifold is acceptable from a peak horsepower standpoint and it will make much better low end power & torque vs a single plane.  :yesnod:

Here's a good smallblock intake manifold shootout complete with dyno results  :2thumbs:

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/mopp-0108-dyno-testing-small-block-intakes/

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

polywideblock

yea sorry my bad    :slap:     its a "performer" rpm air gap   runs great from idle up   :2thumbs:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

chargd72

I second the Performer Air Gap.  Mine has a 1 inch spacer and a carb hat and it still fits under a bulge hood.

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

EccentricMagpies

Thanks guys

I found a edelbrock Performer RPM. Used for a great price. 

Love the looks of that black intake btw

Now I'm down to having it bored and then figuring out the pistons to go with
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd