News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took the charger for a short drive

Started by XH29N0G, March 26, 2023, 07:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

I had a chance to take the charger out this afternoon and stretch its legs.  The day was nice, the trip nice, and only hitch was after filling up with gas there was no start.  nothing.  I pushed the car from the pumps so others could fill up and one of the other people there offered to jump start after he filled his car.  It was perplexing because I knew the battery should be full (even though old) so I ducked under the dash wiggled the connections to the key and it worked.  started right up.  The connector wasn't loose, but it was satisfying to have it jump to live.  I let the guy who offered to help know and was on my way again. 

I love these cars and how they run and sound.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

Kern Dog

I had mine out yesterday for about 100 miles. No hiccups, no real trouble. I did stall it twice when slowing down a hill in neutral. My float levels may still be a little high, resulting in splash-over through the secondary vent tube.
I'm amazed at how we can have these cars apart and in hundreds of pieces and somehow reassemble them to run without fault or leaks. "Ginger" ran and drove almost as easy as a newer car but with a WHOLE lot more style!

XH29N0G

I agree with the amazed comment.  it brings back all sorts of memories of on the road repairs and fixes and is part of the appeal.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....