News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My free 69 charger R/T ....

Started by Pat1973charger, January 26, 2015, 01:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat1973charger

Haha thanks Jeff, I wish mine was as good as yours to start with, would make life slightly easier and cheaper. Although I do like the challenge  ::)
That car makes mine look great lol, the last car I found in the woods became the topic of this thread lol
I found out this morning from a guy who was friends with the last owner of this car that te quarter damage happened when they rounded a corner driving like hell and there was a 71 charger on side of road with a flat and they hit it.

Ghoste

7 bucks?  Baldwin tthats a steal.

Baldwinvette77

ouch so two chargers were killed that faithful day?... Well atleast one will live on  :yesnod:

And how much are 4-speed pedals typically sold for ghoste????

Pat1973charger

Shhhh ghoste! Baldwin will put a big markup if I want him to get me some lol

Ghoste

Considerably more, the set in photo do look pretty crusty but blasted, repainted and with new bushings etc they seem to get asking prices as high as 300 US.  I bought a set for 75CAN that were refurbished so that should give some idea. :shruggy:

MxRacer855

Original or not, I know Brewer's Performance has them in the triple digits...

6spd68

You should pay under 100$ for something original
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."

Pat1973charger

so some slight progress, drilled out the welds along the right trunk gutter and cut the rest of that smashed quarter off. Structure and wheel houses are quite twisted  :o. I have a question for you hardcore metal replacement guru's. I need to replace/ repair a good chunk of roof structure areas, inner and outer rockers, door posts and rear lock pillars, floors frame rails etc the list goes on. I am wondering where you guys think I start with the metal replacement? Thanks in advance I know any info I receive here will be very helpful. Here are  a few pics of the progess.

Cncguy

You need to build a body jig if you don't have one already.

451-74Charger

That thing is straighter than "LEE #1"
and we all know how that turned out !!

Pat1973charger

Quote from: Cncguy on June 22, 2015, 08:29:17 AM
You need to build a body jig if you don't have one already.

I have it on a jig built by the spec sheet.

Quote from: 451-74Charger on June 22, 2015, 10:52:35 AM
That thing is straighter than "LEE #1"
and we all know how that turned out !!

Wasn't that basically a rebody? I didn't really read the whole thread that time.

Baldwinvette77

Progress is always nice.. even if its technically going backwards  :lol:  :cheers:

also, i havent forgotten about your header thing or bumper brackets.. or pedals if you want those too.... wait no.. i always forget about them  :brickwall:

Pat1973charger

LMAO Baldwin, all good as you can see I don't need them yet. Let me know when you get them ready to go. It is backwards progress but sadly the more rotted pieces I remove the better it looks lol

Baldwinvette77

Hey, random request, but do you have any pictures of the satellite you tore apart, or about what you paid for it? i might sell my olds and look for a 2 door 68 or 69 as a daily and im trying to get an idea of what you get for your money  :scratchchin:

Cncguy

I think the place to start would be frame rails then floor pans. Then you my need to send body out to frame straightener. After all that is where it needs to be you can weld in the inner wheelhouses and inner fenders.

Pat1973charger

My satellite was a junkyard find, it was all together but sitting for 25 years without a trunk lid and flat tires all around did a number on the floors and frame rails. They were there but very rotted. I was originally going to use it Asa "template" to rebuild my xp29 charger,build from the bottom up and in the end swap in the charger roof structure. It was gutted of all interior and drivetrain aside from the 8.75 and front subframe. So as a comparison to a driver it's not a good one lol. I paid $300 for it for parts, I will be using some of the roof structure in the RT as well as the rear quarter window supports, A pillers and possibly the firewall. I would think for a plain /6 or 318 satellite in driver condition you'd be out 6-8k but that's a guess.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Pat1973charger on June 22, 2015, 09:20:44 PM
My satellite was a junkyard find, it was all together but sitting for 25 years without a trunk lid and flat tires all around did a number on the floors and frame rails. They were there but very rotted. I was originally going to use it Asa "template" to rebuild my xp29 charger,build from the bottom up and in the end swap in the charger roof structure. It was gutted of all interior and drivetrain aside from the 8.75 and front subframe. So as a comparison to a driver it's not a good one lol. I paid $300 for it for parts, I will be using some of the roof structure in the RT as well as the rear quarter window supports, A pillers and possibly the firewall. I would think for a plain /6 or 318 satellite in driver condition you'd be out 6-8k but that's a guess.

Neat, theres a junk satellite in a yard here too.... probably even worse than the one you have, but same price  :lol:

Slight thread hijack  :lol:

Pat1973charger

About the same maybe a bit better

Mikesmoparperformance

For freeeeeeeeeeeee 69 R/T :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

But Dude that is alot of work damn!  :scratchchin: If you can make it.. will the car every be straight again? the Metal is twisted, so is the Frame.. would be a hard Job to get it right. :shruggy:

I wish you all the best with it.. it is a XS R/T so it is worth you effort :Twocents: to make it your dream ride :2thumbs:
MOPAR OR NO CAR

1966 Dodge Charger 383 CI

Pat1973charger

Quote from: Mikesmoparperformance on June 23, 2015, 05:06:40 PM
For freeeeeeeeeeeee 69 R/T :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

But Dude that is alot of work damn!  :scratchchin: If you can make it.. will the car every be straight again? the Metal is twisted, so is the Frame.. would be a hard Job to get it right. :shruggy:

I wish you all the best with it.. it is a XS R/T so it is worth you effort :Twocents: to make it your dream ride :2thumbs:
Thanks. I am hoping the factory frame specs will get it close and then when it's solid enough maybe get it checked I a frame machine.

rt green

any further progress?  love the thread.
third string oil changer

Pat1973charger

Working on pulling the roof skin off
Now, just waiting for enough to do an update. Thanks for watching !!

rt green

keep up the good work. takes monster balls to take on a project like that. I think its great and wish you the best of luck. you deserve an RT. 
third string oil changer

ACUDANUT

That is a ton of work there.  I would have had a heart attack if that was my project. Good luck.

Pat1973charger

I take it all in stride acudanut, it's overwhelming if you look at all that needs to bed done but I am trying to go one bit at a time. With a 10 month old son and being so nuts at work I only get a few hours a week lately so progress is slow.