News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird hood

Started by billssuperbird, January 17, 2015, 04:59:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

Who makes a fiberglass Superbird hood :shruggy:

A383Wing

nobody that I know of....TJ makes the glass extension for the front...but I know of nobody that makes the complete hood out of 'glass

nascarxx29

I thought I seen a post mentioning glastech with a hood on this post http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56387.50.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Hemi Runner

Glasstek makes one. Mine is a bolt on fiberglass bird hood. They also make a pin on version as well as both bolt on and pin on trunk lids.

BPTRacing

Quote from: Hemi Runner on January 17, 2015, 08:52:09 PM
Glasstek makes one. Mine is a bolt on fiberglass bird hood. They also make a pin on version as well as both bolt on and pin on trunk lids.

That is correct. Glasstek in Naperville IL makes the Hood and the trunk deck in both pin-on and bolt-on configurations.
They also have fenders (no head light buckets).
Their bolt-on trunk deck mold was formed from the deck off my 52k mile 70 GTX.
Their fiberglass quality is very good.

Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

DonC1

I also make the hood pin on or bolt on, fenders, scoops etc in ' glass.
Have a lift off hood here ready to go now...399.

billssuperbird

farm966

I purchased my Superbird hood and fenders from Glasstek. I was told I would receive both in two weeks I believe...showed up within 1 day of what they told me, nice packaging so nothing was hurt in shipping. Good quality, I would recommend them.

Hemi Runner

I was disappointed with my fenders. They are just coronet fenders with no headlight structure and were not modified for the superbird lower valance. I'm going with some steel fenders that I found.

billssuperbird

How do I get a hold of donc1  :shruggy:

Alaskan_TA

Click on his user name above, then click on his email address.

Hemi Runner

Scott,
Have you mounted that deck lid yet? If so can you post a picture? I have to order one real soon and would like to see how it looks and hear how it fits.
They make really nice parts. I'm thinking of getting it done in carbon fiber.

BPTRacing

Quote from: Hemi Runner on January 22, 2015, 08:23:45 PM
Scott,
Have you mounted that deck lid yet? If so can you post a picture? I have to order one real soon and would like to see how it looks and hear how it fits.
They make really nice parts. I'm thinking of getting it done in carbon fiber.

I have not tried to mount the bolt-on deck. I do have the pin on deck installed and it seems to fit well.

I have taken a job as the crew chief for a racing team in Lockport Louisiana, and my bird and GTX are still in Illinois. So I have not done much of anything to them in a few years. The chassis for the bird is being worked on currently in a friends shop, but he has not gotten to the deck lid yet.

When they used my deck for the bolt-on mold, they only to a mold of the bottom side and mated it to the top side (pin-on deck lid they already had a mold for), so they should fit the same.

Hemi Runner

Very nice. Glad to see you're that far along. Did Falbe whip that into shape?  Did you use a steel window plug?

BPTRacing

Quote from: Hemi Runner on January 22, 2015, 10:06:07 PM
Very nice. Glad to see you're that far along. Did Falbe whip that into shape?  Did you use a steel window plug?

The car is still at Falbe's. Will be for awhile. I bought the body with a homemade steel plug. Looks fairly good, but they did not leave much of an indentation for the fiberglass "diamond" pieces.

Working on "removable firewall" and floor pans currently.