News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Latest picture of our Daytona tribute

Started by histoy, January 25, 2015, 12:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: daytonalo on January 28, 2015, 07:32:08 AM
One of the nicest I have seen for sure !! Curious does this car have a vega plug?

It also has your wind deflectors.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

daytonalo

What do you think this car will bring in today ? 50 k ? 75 K 100 K
Kind of curious as I have a guy who wants me to build him a 528 Hemi Daytona , T-56 , dana with a Janek nose , my stainless a-pillars , trunk hinges , wing braces along with my steel Daytona plug and mouldings . I said at the end of the day it will bring 100 K

histoy

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on January 28, 2015, 06:46:17 PM
History, did you used to own a 68 White on white Coronet RT?    If so, I met you at the Mopars at the Mississippi show a few years back.  I brought my 68 Coronet rag that day.   This was also when I was so lucky to meet Galen.....

Yes, we used to own the '68 white on white Coronet.  It took Best of Show at Mopars on the Mississippi in 2010.  Galen was there taking pictures of every nook and cranny of that car.  A few years ago we sold it to a Mopar collector who lives in Wisconsin.

histoy

Quote from: daytonalo on January 28, 2015, 06:52:57 PM
What do you think this car will bring in today ? 50 k ? 75 K 100 K
Kind of curious as I have a guy who wants me to build him a 528 Hemi Daytona , T-56 , dana with a Janek nose , my stainless a-pillars , trunk hinges , wing braces along with my steel Daytona plug and mouldings . I said at the end of the day it will bring 100 K

Charger-Bodie might be in a better position to answer that question, but my hope is that the quality of this Hemi built car with only 2500 miles would bring somewhere between 80-100K. 

moparfan

that Daytona would look good parked next to my white bird in the garage. hope to buy or build a Daytona some day sharp car.

histoy

You have a very nice looking Bird.  The Daytona also looks nice sitting in our garage next to my wife's '64 Corvette coupe.

moparfan

histoy

daytonalo

Please inform us on what MFG nose , headlight bucket and z-bars used and the headlight set-up used . What size Hemi and trans also . It might be one of the nicest re-creation built !!

histoy

I'm sorry, but I can't answer all of your questions.  Charger-Bodie had a post on this site detailing the build and it included numerous pictures.  Possibly you could contact him to get the missing details you're seeking.

Here's what I do know....

The nose came from one of the original Daytonas, and needed a great deal of restoration.  The wing is a hollow aluminum reproduction.   The engine was built by FHO (For Hemis Only) in Ontario, Canada.  They refer to it as a 518 cu.in. Street Hemi.  It has aluminum heads and a Stage 5 intake with dual 4 barrel carbs.  It was built to look like an original 426.   It's cooled by a Glenray radiator with a Max Cool core.   The clutch came from Centerforce, and the transmission is a real Hemi 4-speed with 18 splines and was completely rebuilt using USA parts.   The rear end is a '69 B body with a Dana 60 that has a Suregrip with a 3.54 ratio, and it has Moser hardened axle shafts.  The 3" exhaust system came from TTI, including their headers.

Everything on this car is either new or rebuilt using only high quality components, and it's an absolute blast to drive.

daytonalo

Very nice indeed !! Has anyone shit their pants during a  wide open Blast ?
What is compression and Est HP ?

histoy

The compression ratio is 10 to 1.   FHO supplied the engine dyno sheet that shows 672.6 hp and 641.1 lb. ft. of torque.

histoy

Here's another picture that was taken at the Fall cruise-in.

daytonalo

Just reviewed he build , very nice work !!! Please put 15x7 magums and Goodyear polyglass on !!!

TUFCAT

That car would be very high on my list - if I could afford it!  :yesnod:  Its a very well sorted out car.  It must be a pleasure to drive.  :2thumbs:

histoy

Quote from: daytonalo on January 30, 2015, 09:57:10 AM
Just reviewed he build , very nice work !!! Please put 15x7 magums and Goodyear polyglass on !!!

I've always liked the look of the poverty hubcaps myself.  I think they give a Mopar muscle car a meaner look.