News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

setting the door gap on a rotisserie?

Started by spoolinhard, March 07, 2015, 10:47:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

I installed amd full quarters on my car. I now have it up on the rotisserie and see that I need to slit the front of the quarter to set the front of the quarter to the rear of the door gap. Can I get away with doing this on the rotisserie or should I pull it back off first?

sardillim

I am having the same issue with the 1/4 to door gap and I am also slicing the panel to set the gap. My first though is that setting the gap on a rotisserie is a bad idea.  But before we condemn the idea have the gaps changed after the car was mounted?

hemi-hampton

I would never do any gaps while a car is on a Rotisserie, But I know most guys do anyways & a big mistake in my opinion. I'm sure lots of guys will say they do it all the time with no problems. I've seen to many screw up because of doing stuff like this & similar stuff. A car flex's to much. I'd only think of doing it if I had a tied frame with subframe connectors. Just me  :Twocents: :shruggy: :scratchchin: LEON.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemi-hampton on March 08, 2015, 01:12:29 AM
I would never do any gaps while a car is on a Rotisserie, But I know most guys do anyways & a big mistake in my opinion. I'm sure lots of guys will say they do it all the time with no problems. I've seen to many screw up because of doing stuff like this & similar stuff. A car flex's to much. I'd only think of doing it if I had a tied frame with subframe connectors. Just me  :Twocents: :shruggy: :scratchchin: LEON.

Totally agree. Door adjustments can change right down to the end when the glass goes in .

My metal work is always done befor the rotisserie. Other than a small patch or two.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hemi-hampton

Did this cuda on Rotisserie but we had welded in subframe connectors to stiffen it up to reduce body flex. Boxed in leaf springs & welded in heavy duty pinion snubber floor plate ect, ect. LEON.

green69rt

I had frame rail connectors on my car before it went on the twirler.  I did a little work on the gaps before putting it up but didn't try to do anything while on the rig.  Now that I have it off the rotisserie and on its wheels I'm working the gaps.   Just didn't want to take the chance.  Even then, I'll be checking as I add the weight of the engine, doors, etc to make sure nothing changes.  Just wanted to avoid rework.

Moparparts

I mount the additional frame/body jig with wheels on my rotisserie when replacing that much metal keeps the body/chassis from flexing. Then if i need to remove the body to fit up panels it is already on wheels and jig frame section separate from the rotisserie.  This is also almost a must with convertibles. Some shops have metal table jigs they fasten the body to as well