News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power to manual brakes

Started by Dreamcar, March 01, 2015, 07:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

I was watching a hot rod show where a an OEM power disc car was converted to a manual big brake kit from Wilwood.

The Wilwood guy said you could use the stock power booster, but occasionally there can be vaccinated issues. And, the peddle feel on the manual Wilwood kit was great.

My car came with power drums on all four. Since I will be upgrading the brakes anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has done power drum to manual disc and how they like it.

Looking forward to any comments.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

b5blue

I've converted to manual drum and soon will be doing the disk swap to the front. I like it fine so far. Do a search here I posted a topic with pics of the parts.

terrible one

I did the swap although I never drove the car with the power drums. I LOVE the pedal feel with my manual disc setup but that is with OEM parts: A body master cylinder and combination valve w/single piston calipers

toocheaptosmoke

I put discs on all corners with mostly stock front parts and a stock master cylinder, it's a bit firmer than most cars but not terrible.

twodko

i upgraded my '69 from OEM power drums to power disk brakes and
Live the feel and stopping power.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Dreamcar

Thanks all. I'm just wondering about going from power drums to manual disc (bigger than stock)
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

b5blue

A few guys said they would enjoy my covering the disk swap here. I'll be using factory 11.75 rotors and retain manual brakes so look for my topic to start soon.  :2thumbs:
  Here is a link to info I'll be going by: http://www.moparaction.com/Tech/archive/disc-main.html

ottawamerc

Hey Dreamcar
I upgraded to power brakes on my ride from the manual setup, if you chose to install the manual let me know I'll give you my old manual linkages etc.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Dreamcar

Quote from: ottawamerc on March 03, 2015, 10:09:35 AM
Hey Dreamcar
I upgraded to power brakes on my ride from the manual setup, if you chose to install the manual let me know I'll give you my old manual linkages etc.

Scott :cheers:

Thank you sir!!