News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Project Hellbird

Started by oldcarnut, March 12, 2015, 10:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taxspeaker

Actually these Icon4x4 guys might do a really interesting job-brochure is very interesting with superb quality and they are rescuing an obvious piece of crap, even if it is a Superbird. Still don't like the idea of cutting up a Bird, but intrigued by the end result possibilities.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: taxspeaker on March 15, 2015, 12:43:49 PM
Actually these Icon4x4 guys might do a really interesting job-brochure is very interesting with superb quality and they are rescuing an obvious piece of crap, even if it is a Superbird. Still don't like the idea of cutting up a Bird, but intrigued by the end result possibilities.

Oh I agree, I've seen their work up front, the ICON Bronco and ICON 66 (I think) Dodge Power Wagon and it is all top work.  They are one of the best fabrication places in the country I think.

It will be amazing, I have no doubt. 

JB400

djcarguy

Any links???????????   Any updates??????????????? :cheers: :cheers: :popcrn: :popcrn:

djcarguy

Homerr

Quick, someone take a '69 COPO Camaro and swap an LS9 backed by a 727 in to it.

Stevearino

Quote from: Homerr on July 30, 2016, 10:06:30 PM

That puts it into perspective for those who don't think this is a big deal. :rotz:

500Jon

Sacriege!!! :slap:

A guy here in the UK was lambasted for turning a 70 GTX into a Sox and Martin Birdy!!! :eek2:
I personally said, ''Its his car he can do what he wants with it''.

But I'm not so sure its acceptable with a REAL BIRDY!!! :badidea:

Get the cops quick... :patrol:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Homerr on July 30, 2016, 10:06:30 PM

It's already been done for a while, in fact a small handfull of former COPO Yenkos have been converted to LS9 power however I don't think anybody would be fool enough to plant a 727 behind that motor though

This is Pro Touring built Yenko (COPO) now LS9 powered 530 RWHP, running a Tremec T56 6spd

Personally I see nothing wrong putting a HellCat motor in a Superbird, numbers matching or not, it's hotrodding, plain and simple, last year I finished supplying a local guy with all the repro Superbird parts for his West Coast purchased V code 70 RR he's converting into a pro-touring Superbird, as part of the deal, I snagged the numbers matching 440/6 driveline as partial trade, as he's putting an LS driveline in it (his choice after mulling over a Gen III HEMI swap),...but I'm guilty of planting the idea in his head of using a Mustang Cobra IRS in it as well

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Devil on March 14, 2015, 09:04:47 PM
I asked that exact question to the guy who bought the white Superbird.  If you were going to cut it all up and do all this, why do it to an original bird. 

His answer, "Because it was all there".

More dollars than sense.