News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spacer

Started by billssuperbird, March 17, 2015, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

Can a 1 inch carb spacer be use on 440 with a tunnel ram on it.  :shruggy:

Ghoste

Would you need it if you already have the tunnel ram?

billssuperbird

I did not know if it would help with more air and fuel.

1974dodgecharger

I guess you can say theres a limit right on how the carb should be from engine before there is a decrease in performance if that was the case we would see cars with their intakes tall as a house roof  :icon_smile_big:

The tunnel ram already has a 1inch spacer does it not? 

billssuperbird

I see a lot of tunnel Rams with spacers on them I just don't know.

Ghoste

I would think some dyno time is in order to be sure.  I always thought of a spacer as cheap way to add a little plenum capacity to a regular intake and a tunnel ram as a tuned length affair.  Pro builders correct my thinking if its wrong please.
Whats the application for your tunnel ram?

billssuperbird

Open spacer or 4 hole spacer  for the street :shruggy:

firefighter3931

Spacers can be used for two reasons ; heat insulation and tuning.

On some builds it is beneficial to use an open spacer to increase plenum volume. On some builds increasing signal to the carb's venturies will result in increased throttle response and low end power (torque)

On a tunnel ram with it's large plenum I would say a 4 hole spacer would show some improvement in vacuum signal and throttle response...especially if the build is on the milder side of the spectrum.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

billssuperbird

BSB67

Quote from: billssuperbird on March 17, 2015, 10:58:12 AM
Can a 1 inch carb spacer be use on 440 with a tunnel ram on it.  :shruggy:

Yes.

Will it help?  Try it and let us know.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

billssuperbird