News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

70 Charger hood clearance for CH4B? It runs

Started by b5blue, March 22, 2015, 09:00:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Well, I talked to Greg at Fabulous Fabrications, he is no longer able to make fuel lines. His arthritis has gotten worse to the point he's dealing with just that.  :rotz: He hopes to get a vendor interested in his design.   

b5blue

Today I ordered a fancy Proform float adjusting tool, jet changing screwdriver and a chrome fuel line rig for the carb from JEGS. I've a set of .015 intake gaskets from 440Source "just in case". I'll post part numbers when they come in if any are interested.

Nickrc3

QuoteToday I ordered a fancy Proform float adjusting tool

This tool here, Neal?   

It's helpful, but really, how many times will you use it? Mine was a freebie for placing a large order with JEGS.

b5blue

You don't know how many times I'd wished I had one! 20 years with a 6BBL so 3X time after time.  :lol:  I'm still hoping for Sidewinder AL. heads later this year, possibly a new bump stick and without a doubt A/C so I'm just building up my tools selection. (Bought a DYI alignment rig also.)
  I've run a few heat cycles this week, firing it up and checking things as it climbs to full temp. The choke and coil are getting a nice fat 13.5V @ idle, it lights up on the first smack of the starter instantly, hot or cold. The choke pulls off quickly and I can't find any leaks. The rear bowl level is a bit high, I'll run that down a bit tonight after work (Without my fancy tool!) and check the torques on all nuts, bolts and connections. I've got a tiny bit of engine shake @ idle I'm not sure about but things are looking good. 

b5blue

Fuel bowls level adjusted to center of window and idle screws turned in for 21.75" of vacuum max.  :2thumbs: Looks to be time for a drive. (Under load test.)

moparsr2fast

How is she running Neal?  Take her out for a long term cruise yet?  Also, if you have any fuel mileage comparisons later, just for curiosity sakes?   :popcrn:
Bob

70 Charger 500
     2001 Ram 2500 Sport
        2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  2006 Dodge Charger Daytona

b5blue

I can't drive much, I've loose nuts on some fittings for alignment. I'm waiting for a DYI alignment tool this week.  :2thumbs:

b5blue

Update: After bunches of delays finally I have Sidewinder heads installed and sorting out kickdown linkage adjustments. (Hard to tune everything when full throttle results in ping at some ranges.)
Replacing my 8 inch long rod from carb to bellcrank with a similar rod 8 1/2 inch greatly helped adjustable positioning. My bellcrank holes are slightly below the AR bracket's alignment hole so I can't pin it in place per instructions...but I can get it close. I may need to shorten that vertical rod 1/4 inch or so as now it's screwed down all the way but a bit too high still. Down shift is hitting in a good range but shift is a bit soft.
Now that ping is gone I can start adjusting the 750 better also. I'll be looking at power valve and adjusting the vacuum secondary and cover it here if any are interested.  :2thumbs: