News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Re: TALLADEGA 2015!!

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, March 13, 2015, 01:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Update from Tim Wellborn 8/14/15 -

According to track President Grant Lynch, the ticket office will have a block of tickets under the block "Aero Warriors Reunion".  I do not have the pricing, but I suspect they will have multiple price points depending on how high you want to sit.   To order tickets,  call the track at 1-877-462-3342  (877-go2-DEGA) or 1-256-362-2261 to reach the administrative office directly.      

The seats will be as close as possible to the cars.   I expect the cars will be parked in the turn 4 area near the museum after the track laps.    Security for the cars will be provided during the entire race.    

The track will provide a shuttle to get you to your seats before the race.    You are on your own getting back as people are going to leave at different times.    

With the recent passing of Buddy Baker,  the track is dedicating the Aero track laps to him and will provide a commemorative decal for participants.  

*edited for phone number information*

Highbanked Hauler

Does anyone know  the "list" of hotels for the Talladega meet ? I realize its way late but we just found out we can make it.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Aero426

Any hotel in Alexander City that you can get a room. 

hergfest

I've got rooms at the Days Inn.  We stayed there in 2009 and it was decent.  Good reviews on Trip Advisor.

Mopar John

Quote from: Aero426 on August 14, 2015, 12:44:28 PM
Update from Tim Wellborn 8/14/15 -

According to track President Grant Lynch, the ticket office will have a block of tickets under the block "Aero Warriors Reunion".  I do not have the pricing, but I suspect they will have multiple price points depending on how high you want to sit.   To order tickets,  call the track at 1-800-462-3342  (800-go2-DEGA) .       

The seats will be as close as possible to the cars.   I expect the cars will be parked in the turn 4 area near the museum after the track laps.    Security for the cars will be provided during the entire race.   

The track will provide a shuttle to get you to your seats before the race.    You are on your own getting back as people are going to leave at different times.   

With the recent passing of Buddy Baker,  the track is dedicating the Aero track laps to him and will provide a commemorative decal for participants.   

WOW!
I just called 1-800-462-3342 and they tried to sell me a medical alert system!
When I declined that they tried to sell me a cruise?
Then I got hung up on?
I then went to the Talladega Superspeedway web site and found the problem:
The correct number is 1-877-462-3342.
Then the girl that answered that didn't know anything about our group and had me call the administrative office.
That number is 1-256-362-2261 a great guy named Matt took care of me.
MJ

kiwitrev

Quote from: Aero426 on August 30, 2015, 08:53:53 PM
Any hotel in Alexander City that you can get a room.  
booked my rooms last night 8/30/15 maybe the last one they are selling out fast in fact sat and sunday we are staying in calera
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

moparstuart

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 30, 2015, 08:13:41 PM
   Does anyone know  the "list" of hotels for the Talladega meet ? I realize its way late but we just found out we can make it.
cant wait to see your car   , errr I mean meet you  , Yeah thats what i meant .  :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: moparstuart on September 01, 2015, 08:01:15 AM
cant wait to see your car   , errr I mean meet you  , Yeah thats what i meant .  :icon_smile_big:

Is Birdable coming too or just you ??
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

moparstuart

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 03, 2015, 08:55:18 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 01, 2015, 08:01:15 AM

Is Birdable coming too or just you ??
for sure for sure it is

Swampwing2

Is anyone from the south attending and driving a wing? I am debating on driving the Swamper up there for a couple days but not sure yet. I might be more motivated if others were caravaning. 

Funny how I have to go north to be in the deep south.  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on September 07, 2015, 11:08:45 AM
Is anyone from the south attending and driving a wing? I am debating on driving the Swamper up there for a couple days but not sure yet. I might be more motivated if others were caravaning. 

Please bring it we need to get a pictures of them together   :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Swampwing2 on September 07, 2015, 11:08:45 AM

Not sure what the deep south is relative to Alabama, but I'll be heading that way from the Houston, Texas area......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Swampwing2

Good point. Sorry about the lack of details. I would have been coming from South Florida, Fort Lauderdale area. However, the Swamper's 727 went up in smoke yesterday, 117 miles away from home and had to be trailered back. Big puff of smoke that lasted about 30 seconds to a minute and now it keeps slipping like crazy out of 3rd gear. Fluid is full, red and clean. Might just be a simple fix like a broken O-ring on a piston, but the last rebuild was over 10 years ago so it is likely just the beginning of bigger problems. Not sure if I will have it done by October with my work schedule.   :-\

moparstuart

Quote from: Swampwing2 on September 14, 2015, 12:02:23 PM
Good point. Sorry about the lack of details. I would have been coming from South Florida, Fort Lauderdale area. However, the Swamper's 727 went up in smoke yesterday, 117 miles away from home and had to be trailered back. Big puff of smoke that lasted about 30 seconds to a minute and now it keeps slipping like crazy out of 3rd gear. Fluid is full, red and clean. Might just be a simple fix like a broken O-ring on a piston, but the last rebuild was over 10 years ago so it is likely just the beginning of bigger problems. Not sure if I will have it done by October with my work schedule.   :-\
bummer i was so hoping to see it

Dave Kanofsky

I am SO excited that it is 1 month to go to THE event!

I'm just curious - anyone know if we will receive anything in the mail/Email that our money was received and we are good to go, or will there just be a check in or something when we get there?

Thanks, and Wing it!
Dave 

(BTW - Aero426, your PM box is full)

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

is there a dead line  ?  on purchasing tickets  ?

Dave Kanofsky

I looked but couldn't find a deadline, all I found is that the price is higher at the door vs. pre-registered.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 23, 2015, 09:42:22 AM
I looked but couldn't find a deadline, all I found is that the price is higher at the door vs. pre-registered.
hopefully Doug or Ryan will enlighten us   :icon_smile_big:

TheAutoArchaeologist

This price will be the same price online or at the door.

Also you can purchase tickets online up to 1 week before the reunion.  After that it will only be at the show.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Also a heads up, the cars can not leak any fluids.  Cars will be inspected before entering the track, and if they are leaking anything, they will not be allowed out onto the track.

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on September 23, 2015, 01:49:37 PM
Also a heads up, the cars can not leak any fluids.  Cars will be inspected before entering the track, and if they are leaking anything, they will not be allowed out onto the track.
LMAO  better ban them all right now 

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Devil on September 23, 2015, 01:49:37 PM

Leaking isn't good but is that just Talladega  or Atlanta also ?
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

TheAutoArchaeologist

I just double checked, both tracks.

70EK2Bird

I called the track the other day to look into ticket options for the race.  The main number is useless as they don't know any information regarding the block of tickets for the Aero Warriors group.  She took my info and sent to someone at the track and they would call me back.  The next day Matt called and provided details on the tickets that were available. 

The block of tickets is in the Tri-Oval Tower and they are Sat-Sun tickets at $135.  I asked about Sunday only tickets as I would not be going to the track Saturday.  He said they could provide Sunday only tickets for $105 that would be near the "block" of seats.   

Matt's number is 256 761 4766 if you want to call and order tickets or get more info.

I am also wondering if anyone has booked at hotel near the Atlanta track for Wednesday night.  Need to get in somewhere and if you guys are already setup I will book in the same.

See you all in a couple of weeks.  :cheers: