News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

too much stall i think ???? need input VIBRATION SOLVED.

Started by mally69, May 04, 2015, 07:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

Okay guys visbration is solved. I actually had the wrong B&M flex plate. I had the flex plate for an externally balanced engine, mine obviously is internal balanced, so I just ordered the correct flex plate two min ago,  Now a guy I know is selling a pretty much brand new Hughes 3500 stall here's the link  for the exact one he is selling http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/m20ProductDisplayView?pageSize=10&resultCatEntryType=2&searchTerm=&catalogId=10002&langId=-1&productId=382228&storeId=10001&sType=&pgGrp=search.  I know the seller pretty good he ran this convertor for around 300 miles then pulled it out for a lower stall converter because it totally didn't match his setup,  Question is should I stick with the TCI street fighter 3000-3500  or put this Hughes 3500 unit in?  Either way its a good deal I'm buying it reguardless. Just wanted ur thoughts if I outta swap them since its torn apart.

c00nhunterjoe

I like the way you described your current converter's flash.

mally69

Sounds good I'll just swap the flex plates and leave the tci in there then

firefighter3931

The TCI vert is working good and appears to be very efficient from a slippage standpoint.  :2thumbs:

I'd keep it  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mally69

Awesome the project starts tonight as soon as I get outta work 😊

mally69

Okay new flex plate is in , used the old convertor, New tranny pump seal,  everything is Def  good. Even found out I had another splattered tranny mount  :brickwall: but good thing I had a shumaker made one on hand  :2thumbs: all is good vibration is all gone. Also had to unbolt my x-pipe to drop tranny out so before hooking that back up I just had to ABSOLUTELY HAD. to cruise town for a little while running open headers  :lol:  what a noisy beast.  Def runs a lot better with exhaust hooked up  :2thumbs: