News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

On time again here!

Started by lloyd3, March 22, 2018, 03:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lloyd3

Mytur Binsdirti

lloyd3

Thanks to Greg here (odcics2) I'm back on Mountain Daylight Savings time.  It's a small thing, but it's also a big thing (in a 50-year old car).

Quote from: lloyd3 on March 22, 2018, 03:10:39 PM

Thank you Greg!

JR

Nice, you a watch guy too? I have to assume so, given the Seiko 5, and the usual "wrist watch check" pose in your pic. :icon_smile_big:

Ive had a couple of 5's, their great pieces.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ws23rt

What's up with the 4 sec. mismatch?
Is the car running still running on 1968 time? ::)
Geez, those folks in 68 were indeed ahead of their time and we now know by how much. :cheers:

lloyd3

Mopars are just ahead of their times. SEIKO 5s are bulletproof.

Alaskan_TA

Every older broken clock or watch is still right twice daily.

bull

Mine won't dial to change the time so I had to unhook the battery cable until it got close one summer. It's still about 15 minutes fast so I need to unhook it again for about that long. I don't mess with daylight savings time. ;D

Challenger340

My Charger has a build date of Nov 22nd 1968, and I'm leaving my clock "original factory correct" as the day it was born, when the clock quit working later that same day !  :nana:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

John_Kunkel

Quote from: ws23rt on March 22, 2018, 04:26:49 PM
What's up with the 4 sec. mismatch?

Confusius say:

"A man with a watch knows what time it is, a man with two watches is never sure."

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

alfaitalia

Quote from: JR on March 22, 2018, 03:38:05 PM
Nice, you a watch guy too? I have to assume so, given the Seiko 5, and the usual "wrist watch check" pose in your pic. :icon_smile_big:

I'm a watch guy..I've a TAG Heuer 1500 quartz and a Omega Seamaster Auto amongst many cheaper watches...but my daily wearer is a 1991 Seiko 5 automatic !
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

JR

Quote from: alfaitalia on March 23, 2018, 02:55:08 PM
Quote from: JR on March 22, 2018, 03:38:05 PM

I'm a watch guy..I've a TAG Heuer 1500 quartz and a Omega Seamaster Auto amongst many cheaper watches...but my daily wearer is a 1991 Seiko 5 automatic !

Nice! I love Seamasters. I've wanted one ever since Brosnan wore one as bond in 96. The new Planet Oceans are spectacular too.

My collection skews Japanese. A citizen Nighthawk, a world time Chrono, a Seiko orange monster, a couple of G shocks, and a 1971 Citizen Bullhead Chrono panda dial.

I'm itching to pick up an Oris Aquis next.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

lloyd3

I've got a moonwatch Speedmaster that i really like but... the last time I had to get it serviced they really stuck it to me (Omega doesn't allow anybody other than them to service them anymore, you have to send it off to them for even minor stuff). It now sits in it's case in the safe.  I wear the Seiko.

alfaitalia

Wind it once in a while..they don't like being internally still for too long. I used to work in a high end watch shop for about three years...was supposed to be short term while I was between car sales jobs...but the money was ok and I was the only male eemployee! We were (amongst others) Omega, Tag, Oris dealers.
Once your watch is out of warranty you can get it serviced where you like (like anything else). I'm sure over there, like here, there well be many skilled watch smiths to choose from who would take on the work for a fraction of what Omega (Swatch group) would charge.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

lloyd3

Omega made the service "kits" for the Speedmasters unavailable to anybody, even "authorized" dealers. What such a kit contains is beyond my knowledge, but previous services had been easy and fairly-inexpensive.  No more.  I don't really miss it much. It was big and heavy compared to most of my more "reasonable" options.  If I ever feel the need to impress somebody (or I need the added weight as ballast), I'll dig it out and use it again.  My kid can have it someday.