News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So who's taking the flag off their Chargers?

Started by Cncguy, June 23, 2015, 01:29:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

I saw ben jones on cnn giving them a lesson on the flag and they clearly wished he would shut up because he was telling the whole truth about it. its worth looking up on youtube.

ws23rt

I'm not interested in moving this topic toward getting it locked. I hope it doesn't.

But from the start using the "f" word  (F--g) set that ball rolling. :slap:

I would think that if this thread gets locked it would be from what comes from here forward.

The opinions I expressed are on topic and are political because of the topic. My bad :slap:

bull

Quote from: tucknroll on June 23, 2015, 07:11:52 PM
I saw ben jones on cnn giving them a lesson on the flag and they clearly wished he would shut up because he was telling the whole truth about it. its worth looking up on youtube.

The truth is irrelevant, only the agenda matters. What you meant when you said, wrote, decorated something is not important, it only matters how the biggest crybaby who sees/hears/reads it out of context feels about it. If enough ignorant, over-sensitive busy-bodies decide you are a bigot then by golly you're a bigot.

Lennard

Quote from: ws23rt on June 23, 2015, 07:14:46 PM
I'm not interested in moving this topic toward getting it locked. I hope it doesn't.
But from the start using the "f" word  (F--g) set that ball rolling. :slap:
:lol:

myk

Yup, just might have to put the flag on mine now.  Wouldn't be surprised to find it vandalized if I park and leave it somewhere, though. On second thought, it's not worth it.  You can try to state your opinion against the over-sensitive masses, but the reaction to any opinion that isn't like theirs is always met with hatred, intolerance and violent sentiment.  That applies to facts as well.  If it doesn't agree with the masses then they'll just ignore that altogether...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mike DC

I just watched the CNN clip.  Ben Jones did hold up well for himself there.  She was trying to pin him into a corner with a twist of words.  I'm not sure how much she genuinely misunderstood his viewpoint and how much was an attempt to win the debate.  Probably some of both. 

Having said that, I think we're all being a bit dishonest ourselves if we pretend not to see what all the fuss is about here.  That war cannot be separated from the issue of slavery.  The lingering fallout of slavery cannot be separated from many racial problems we still have today.    

stripedelete

I'll miss it.  There is no greater symbol for "we're 0-1" in the entire world.

cbrestorations

HANDM

RallyeMike

Get rid of the flag and all the problems will magically go away. It seems like a no-brainer to me :shruggy:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

400sforever

That flag stands for half of this country's heritage and is part of our history. The pissy retards need to get a history lesson because the civil war was about states rights not just slavery itself like all the blacks think. Peoples relatives died for that flag so it should never come down and no one should ever be afraid of dumb enough to remove it from our history
1974 dodge charger se 512 cubic inches, 3.91 suregrip

Lord Warlock

I had a small flag on the back window of my charger (college parking sticker..had a rebel flag on it)  also had a sticker on the original rear bumper of the flag, had left it off until now, one of my projects for tomorrow is to go find a rebel flag sticker and stick it back on the charger, don't like it, bite me.  Not worried, if I can't buy one, I can make one on my Inkjet printer and mount it on the inside of the rear window glass where morons can't reach it.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

JB400

I just seen that, and went ahead and ordered a diecast.  Several places have already taken them offline.  We'll see if I get mine or not. :popcrn:

1974dodgecharger

well waving the U.S. flag is almost illegal now....so why not make another flag illegal

JB400

It's already illegal to fly the US flag during Cinco De Mayo, at least in heavy Mexican influence, and that is here in the US.  Things are getting ridiculous.

K9COP

I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

K9COP

I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

Mike DC

QuoteThat flag stands for half of this country's heritage and is part of our history. The pissy retards need to get a history lesson because the civil war was about states rights not just slavery itself like all the blacks think. Peoples relatives died for that flag so it should never come down and no one should ever be afraid of dumb enough to remove it from our history

Slavery was the #1 issue by far.  The words spoken/written at the time confirm that.  The states' rights issue only got into the conversation because the slavery issue was raising it.  

The north had been gradually moving towards outlawing slavery one little step at a time.  The south saw the writing on the wall.  Then Lincoln got elected, he was a known abolitionist, and pretty soon the shooting started.  

Mytur Binsdirti

Looks like Warner Brothers has caved.........

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/general-lee-from-dukes-of-hazzard-losing-its-122294326432.html

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 23, 2015, 11:00:46 PM
Get rid of the flag and all the problems will magically go away. It seems like a no-brainer to me :shruggy:

I have no problem with removing the rebel flag from public buildings, however, the flag was not the root cause of that young man's rampage. It is merely a scapegoat. the root cause is mentally ill people hell bent on causing mayhem. Unless you start locking up the mentally ill again, acts like this unfortunately will continue. Yes, the shooter had racial hate in his mind, and while crimes like this are senseless and horrible, but black on white crime & murder is not as big an issue as it is currently portrayed to be. The real issue is black on black crime, which sadly, is just not sensational enough for political black leaders and the news to want to solve or even cover.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Lennard on June 23, 2015, 07:04:30 PM
Now it's just a matter of time... :dancinglock:

Posting an image of a campaign license plate from nearly a quarter century ago is completely irrelevant today. However, if someone were to post pictures of a current presidential candidate who this week called the battle flag "a symbol of our nation's racist past", but in fact said candidate had campaign buttons (which can be easily found on Google) sporting the rebel flag in their last try for president is a current political issue and as such, a violation of this site's rules. I personally would not do that.

Ghoste

That's good for Warner Brothers and South Carolina, if they can get it banned completely now I have no doubt whatsoever that racism will disappear.  ::)

G-man

Quote from: cdr on June 23, 2015, 04:07:32 PM
I wonder how one would look on mine??   :scratchchin:

Yours would look good with the swastika.  :icon_smile_big:

G-man

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on June 23, 2015, 06:44:22 PM
The thing that irritates me about all of this crap is that we're supposed to remove , hide and destroy anything that offends anyone. What about how people are offended by the removing and destroying of the things they hold dear.

I'm offended by homosexuals, but the laws are designed to protect their rights, not mine. Welcome to our new age, where crime is legalised and speaking against it is banned.