News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

unidentified parts

Started by NZCharger, July 07, 2015, 08:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZCharger

I have some spare parts from my 69 charger i was hopin someone could identify .
the previous owner removed the seatbelts and console to remove the carpet
so im guessing these parts are related to this , any help would be most welcome thanks

comet_666

The green square is a piece of Hubba Bubba from 1974.

:rofl:

cdr

the chrome snaps go in the inside roof for the shoulder seat belts
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

70 sublime

The 4 black rubber squares look like home made spacers that would have gone under the seatsto jack them up
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

BLK 68 R/T

My guess on the rubber squares is for vibration insulators on the rear seat belts. From the factory they had rubber insulating washers mounted between each seat belt and the floor to keep them from making noise. As mentioned the long aluminum piece is the extension for the sill plate (one per side.) Not sure on the other piece.

Edit: Like 70 Sublime said the black squares look like seat track spacers. Put onto the bottom of the seat track over the studs before the seat is mounted to the floor. I need to read more thoroughly before I post....been a long day!

NZCharger

The green bit tastes nothing like hubba bubba  :rotz:

Lennard

Quote from: NZCharger on July 08, 2015, 01:43:02 AM
The green bit tastes nothing like hubba bubba  :rotz:

That's cause it's 41 years old! :lol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

The 4 clip looking things are either for the door panels or the upper door pads
The green thing looks like a piece of rat poison to me...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

NZCharger

Thanks for all your help , sill plates and door panel clips identified ,  :cheers:

NZCharger

where do the small sill plates go ?

70 sublime

They go from the door opening to the back seat to hold the floor carpet to the side of the car
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

green69rt

NZCharger

:2thumbs: Oh thanks for your help !

PlainfieldCharger

those washers look like they go on the heater box to space it from the firewall... :Twocents: