News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Chicago, ILL or Louisville, KY...moving

Started by Charged, August 09, 2005, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charged

Just wondering how many or who of you live in one of these two places. Lost my job here in London, KY and am moving to one of the mentioned in two weeks roughly. Just having some questions or so.

Im gonna be in Chicago tommorow for Tues and Wed..."maybe" Thursday for an interview. So might not be able to get back to anybody untill then if they reply.

I might be even longer thou since Im a ball of frantic nerves right now. Im originally from Chicago but moved away 15 years ago. And to be moving away from the only world Ive known for the last 15 years is an anxiety proned disaster.

Moving...nice for fantasies, but the reality sucks.

Charged

Brock Samson

i hear ya bro, as i'm facing sumpthin similar... hang in there... we'll still be here,..
wait?.. that's a good thing right?.  :-\

TruckDriver

It's great to see you made it Eric! Hell, if you move to Chicago, your only 2 hrs south of me :icon_smile_big:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

While i was in Chicago I lived by Wrigley Field* for 2 years and it was the greatest time of my life.  Every day was a party, the lake was close by, tons of stuff to do..  I lived in the West suburbs (Bensenville) and it was the worst time of my life.  All we did was drive into the city to do fun stuff or go the the Rosdale mall in Schaumburg.. woopty doo!     It all depends on if you have kids or not.  If you do then you probably want to live in the burbs.  but if you dont have kids the only place to live is the north side of the city.....

* No not the East side of Wrigley in Boystown..(insert Mojo's homo smiley)..  i was West of the staduim on Hermitage Ave...
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

mopar_madman

I'm in chicago, great place, LOTSA TRAFFIC!!!
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Recharger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 09, 2005, 01:12:53 PM
While i was in Chicago I lived by Wrigley Field* for 2 years and it was the greatest time of my life.   Every day was a party, the lake was close by, tons of stuff to do..   I lived in the West suburbs (Bensenville) and it was the worst time of my life.   All we did was drive into the city to do fun stuff or go the the Rosdale mall in Schaumburg.. woopty doo!        It all depends on if you have kids or not.   If you do then you probably want to live in the burbs.   but if you dont have kids the only place to live is the north side of the city.....

* No not the East side of Wrigley in Boystown..(insert Mojo's homo smiley)..   i was West of the staduim on Hermitage Ave...

:iagree:

That just about sums it up.  I'm out in the burbs now (and single) and spend most weekends driving into the city for the "party."  It all depends on cost of living and commute though, too.  It costs a hell of a lot more to live on the north side of the city than it does to live in the suburbs.  No decent garages or car storage to be found in the city either, for the most part.  I've got a few good friends who live there, though, so I let them pay the rent & I crash there on the weekends.

Telvis

I grew up in Louisville. It's a nice place to live. I live in Lexington now. It's also a great place to live.

DarkAngel0816

Move to Tennessee.

Oh wait that is not an option...that is where I would love to one day.  I can say I have moved quite a few times...the last one being from...well Orlando, Florida to Cleveland, OH to Indiana.

Hard choice between the two.  I would say KY, but I would if I ever had the money love to live in downtown Chicago for a year to experience it...
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

41husk

I live in ILlinois now near StLouis MO. but my sisster in law lives in Louisville.  We go down there a few times a year and things move kinda slow.  I like that!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up