News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Led headlight bulbs?

Started by euroZ06, July 28, 2015, 05:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

Hello,

I was talking to a mustang owner (70), and he said he was able to swap his light bulbs to led without an issue.

So it got me thinking... How hard is it to put in led bulbs? What need to be purchased? Where? What about the rear?

73 charger here...

I have some power issues, when u let go off gas the headlights dim a bit. When i have wipers, lights and turn signal on, the turn signal doesnt blink and is just on. I have a new alternator and new battery. I figured led's need less electricity, so it should solve the issue.

Thanks!
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

WHITE AND RED 69

It's a simple swap. I have done it on my 69 and made a huge improvement. Not sure what size headlight housings are on a 73 but the install should be the same. All you need are the bulbs(I went with H4 type), new headlight housings(I used a 5 3/4 set from Hella but there are cheaper options out there), and a relay kit. Relay wires up to the battery, and the other end plugs into the existing headlight plug, and the new bulbs plug into the relay. No modifications to the stock wiring at all.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kits/led-headlight-kit-h4-led-headlight-bulbs-conversion-kit-with-flexible-tinned-copper-braid/2221/4993/

You can get LEDs for the taillights at this same website. Just make sure you swap the flasher units in the dash over to LED units or the turn signals wont work.

Just a relay kit will solve your headlight dimming issues. The relay will power the headlights directly from the battery rather than through the dash.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster