News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger AC Car - Fan Operation

Started by FastbackJon, August 07, 2015, 07:57:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FastbackJon

I noticed today on our '68 Charger AC car, I can turn the fan on (far right slider under the dash pad) no matter if the key is on or not. Is that normal?

I thought the key had to be on for it to work.

I also have no idea if the temp slider on the far left is hot or cold when it's towards me or to the back.

And I'm guessing the OFF slider is to turn the AC off, so it would negate the other two AC sliders. The AC was removed from the car long ago.

Looks something like this

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

A383Wing

fan should work when key is on only...bet the heater fan wire is connected to the wrong terminal at the fuse box

temp slider is: hot = pushed away from you, cold = pulled towards you

FastbackJon

Thanks Bryan!

I just noticed the picture I posted shows two light bulbs above the unit too. Interesting!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

nascarxx29

The 2 light on top would come on by headlight switch to see control in the dark
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Dino

OFF turns off everything: heat, a/c, defroster, fan.  Regardless of the position the temp and fan buttons are in.  Pushing heat, def or either a/c buttons activates the fan.  It's on low with either button depressed.

Fan should only run with key on.

As Bryan said push temp slider in for heat.  It's connected to a rigid cable that pushes the water valve open.  Sliding it back makes the cable pull the plunger in the valve tube to stop the flow of water.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.