News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need some measurements

Started by Dino, August 23, 2015, 06:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

If anyone has their 2nd gen sitting with the battery tray removed, could you take some measurements for me please?

I need to know the exact dimensions of the inspection hole.  The rust had distorted the edges on mine and I can't rely on them.  The top edge is gone so I don't know if it's supposed to be flat or have a shape to it like the passenger side.  If someone can tell me the distance from the lower edge to the top edge in a few spots I'd be very grateful.  The tracing on the cover plate is also not helping much and I'd like to get this right on the patch I made. 

As for the holes in the top and the slots to put the clips through, the rear one is gone but I assume it's just a mirror image of the other one right?  I'll get the battery tray bolted in place once the patch is welded in so I have a starting point.  The slots are also facing each other right?  When looking at the inner fender both slots are closest to the center hole?

Lastly, what's the big center hole for anyway?  Apart from factory correct I really don't see a use for it.  The flat part slopes down slightly so the water should be able to get away.  The hole just seems to be a hazard where water can get in from the wheel well side.   :shruggy:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

GeneralLee440

I will get you the measurements for you in the morning for you. I have everything out of my engine bay
Anthony

1970 Dodge Charger...Future General Lee

Dino

GeneralLee440

Your welcome. Now mine needs replaced under the battery tray area but good where you need the measurements
Anthony

GeneralLee440

Here ya go. Mine is a little rotted on top but still all there, first of all there is a 1/4" lip all the way around the hole that is folded towards the engine. The 3rd pic is blurry but the measurement is 4". Sorry I had to flip the ruler to get the last measurement, but its 2 1/2". I hope this helps you out buddy.

Anthony

GeneralLee440

Mine is about as bad as yours Im just glad I had enough to get you your measurements
Anthony

Dino

Perfect!  That's exactly what I need.  Thanks a million!   :cheers:

GeneralLee440

Anthony