News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fan Shroud Question

Started by gcdsn76, October 20, 2015, 06:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcdsn76

I have a 67 383 Charger with a four core replacement radiator from US Radiator. The car originally came without a shroud. The metal ones would be the correct unit, but how do they attach? They show brackets, buy I can't figure out where they go on the radiator.

BSB67

Quote from: gcdsn76 on October 20, 2015, 06:37:51 PM
The metal ones would be the correct unit, but how do they attach? They show brackets, buy I can't figure out where they go on the radiator.

I'm not really sure what you are asking/saying

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

gcdsn76

I'm trying to affix a fan shroud to my 22" radiator.

Ghoste

As I recall, the rad bracket should have cage nuts that the shroud attaches to.

BSB67

Quote from: gcdsn76 on October 20, 2015, 07:20:29 PM
I'm trying to affix a fan shroud to my 22" radiator.

Got that part.........

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Ghoste

Do you still have the 67 style rad mount?  It's unique to those years that had the  metal shroud.

Mopar Nut

I ended up selling my new shroud for the same 22" rad from U.S. Radiator because it would not fit. I called U.S. Radiator and was told their radiators are designed to fit their electric fan shrouds.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Ghoste

I hate when companies do that.   :brickwall:

68CoronetRT

I built my fan shroud for my 22" radiator from scratch.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on October 20, 2015, 07:56:38 PM
I built my fan shroud for my 22" radiator from scratch.
I wouldn't mind seeing a picture, that's a good idea.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

ODZKing

I just ran across the thread where I posted pictures.  Here is the link.
You will need a mounting kit like the one I posted or this. 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-66-67-68-B-Body-Steel-Fan-Shroud-Mounting-Kit-NEW-/400985981812?hash=item5d5ca08374:g:ItcAAOxyA4ZRQ3iY&vxp=mtr
I posted pics of that as well.  Let me know if you need more. See this thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,60198.0.html

68CoronetRT

Lets see if these links work. Bought the Champion 3 row, had to go to the Jaguar Hayden clutch to make it fit, but it cools great! The shroud should have been about 3/16" deeper but my measurements were a little off due to engine angle. Had my buddy weld it up and add those mounts to the radiator itself, used a tool that inserts a plug to bolt right up, so no nut and bolt, just a bolt(if this makes sense).

bbody68

Hey Mopar Nut,was the radiator from us radiator a original style copper replacement type or a aluminium radiator? The reason I ask is I purchased a replacement copper radiator from a large vendor that I think came from us radiator & it has a different bolt spacing pattern for the fan shroud & my original shroud won't bolt up! 26 inch 68-70 b body radiator. May explain the problems I'm having installing mine!  Brad

Mopar Nut

Quote from: 68CoronetRT on October 20, 2015, 09:00:08 PM
Lets see if these links work. Bought the Champion 3 row, had to go to the Jaguar Hayden clutch to make it fit, but it cools great! The shroud should have been about 3/16" deeper but my measurements were a little off due to engine angle. Had my buddy weld it up and add those mounts to the radiator itself, used a tool that inserts a plug to bolt right up, so no nut and bolt, just a bolt(if this makes sense).
Awesome job
Quote from: bbody68 on October 21, 2015, 03:03:15 PM
Hey Mopar Nut,was the radiator from us radiator a original style copper replacement type or a aluminium radiator? The reason I ask is I purchased a replacement copper radiator from a large vendor that I think came from us radiator & it has a different bolt spacing pattern for the fan shroud & my original shroud won't bolt up! 26 inch 68-70 b body radiator. May explain the problems I'm having installing mine!  Brad
Yes, it is a original style copper replacement type 4 row high efficient.  

myk

It's my understanding that the '68-69 had a different shroud with a different bolt pattern.  I have a '70 style that luckily bolts up to my new aluminum big-tube 2 row radiator...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

I think the 68 also has the two piece metal one if I'm not mistaken.

myk

The original ones were metal?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Ghoste

ODZKing

Quote from: Ghoste on October 21, 2015, 05:24:11 PM
I think the 68 also has the two piece metal one if I'm not mistaken.
Yep, 2417423, 2417427 for 22 inch radiator. Also reproduced now as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-1966-1968-22-2-Piece-Fan-Shroud-and-Bracket-Kit-NEW-SET-/370621713044?hash=item564ac68a94:m:mbWt1JzDcJGVpmSmWNquDiQ&vxp=mtr

gcdsn76

My radiator has "ears" that makes  a shroud should bolt to, but no holes. I'm wondering if a 68-69 plastic shroud would fit if the proper holes were drilled.