News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Firecore ZOOM ZOOM!

Started by myk, August 26, 2015, 12:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blinkey

Hey, where can I get one of these distributors. Is there a model # to order?

myk

Quote from: blinkey on October 24, 2015, 11:11:14 AM
  Hey, where can I get one of these distributors. Is there a model # to order?

Depends on what your ignition setup is.  Points?  Factory style electronic?  MSD?  Contact Ron, site Moderator, AKA Mopar Yoda and he will give you all the information you need; he's also a distributor so he can sell to you directly.

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 24, 2015, 08:28:56 AM

Nice!  I just put on a Proform 750 and LOVE IT! 

Cool!  What was your tuning experience like?  Was it difficult?
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Dino

I think I'm running a 195 thermostat. 

I'm still thinking about getting the Street Demon carb, but I'm starting to look at the Proform 750 as well.  I love spreadbores though so it'll take some swaying.   ;)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

blinkey

Mines just a stock 69 440, and I think its a dog so I want to do something to spice her up

myk

Can't go wrong with Firecore...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

comet_666

What wires did you get for the firecore? 8.5 or 7?

FireCore 50 Wires Pro Fit, OEM

Item #: CWSPF-1002

myk

I had a fresh set of 8.5mm Taylor Spiro-Pro's on the parts shelf so I used those.  I've used those wires for years-nothing but great results...

blinkey

I was told to just put in a pertronix electronic ingition under my cap and it would do the same thing as putting in the firecore dist.,,,,true?

myk

Firecore functions just like any other distributor, just better.  The quality of the pieces and the level of adjustability guarantee that the unit will hold an accurate spark into higher RPM's. For the amount that the typical Firecore distributor costs, it's well worth the change.

My only gripe is not having a black cap with it lol...

Dino

Quote from: myk on October 28, 2015, 11:25:07 AM
Firecore functions just like any other distributor, just better.  The quality of the pieces and the level of adjustability guarantee that the unit will hold an accurate spark into higher RPM's. For the amount that the typical Firecore distributor costs, it's well worth the change.

My only gripe is not having a black cap with it lol...

That what paint was invented for.   :lol:

I have the black cap and now that I'm making the engine look stock I think I should've gone with the tan cap.

303 Mopar

Quote from: myk on October 24, 2015, 11:23:46 AM

Quote from: 303 Mopar on October 24, 2015, 08:28:56 AM

Nice!  I just put on a Proform 750 and LOVE IT! 

Cool!  What was your tuning experience like?  Was it difficult?

Tuning the Proform was quick and easy. All adjustments are easily accessible , and you can see the fuel levels through the sight windows. 

I ordered 8.5mm Firecore wires. True 50 ohm/ft wire, good boots and excellent clearance for my headers. Ron can order you up a custom length wire if your mounting the coil on the inner fender too.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Dino

I have those same wires with headers.  Clearance is great and the wires and boots look like new after putting several thousand miles on them.   :2thumbs:

I mounted the mini coil on my inner fender right below the washer bottle and the stock wire was long enough.