News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger 440 R/T 9806 Original Miles

Started by blinkey, August 26, 2015, 07:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

There is another thread on this car from 6 months or so ago when the dealer put it up for sale. Seems too good to be true. You know what they say about that.........

E86/A47

It's your car to do as you please. I personally would not change anything on such an original car. That said, do you want to sell me the buddy seat?

I hope you will also get to keep the steal wheels....?

blinkey

I will take lots of pics tonite and post them here :2thumbs: Both sets of wheels come with the car

Ghoste

Cncguy

It's your car but I wouldn't butcher it.

myk

Switching to a console shift and changing wheels is hardly butchering a car.  With those 'mods he can always revert to stock...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Lord Warlock

Isn't a dramatic shift from stock, so shouldn't hurt the value much.  You may want to test out the buddy seat before swapping though, having an armrest at the right height and the extra room to move legs around are plusses if it has AC (plus buddy seat cars are rarer than console cars)

I wouldn't repaint it, silver is a good color and can look wicked if done right.

I've thought about adding a B&M star shifter or quicksilver shifter for decades, can easily be done and retain the buddy seat. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

F8-4life

Do NOT repaint that car.
Original paint is a bigger deal then you may think.

Ghoste

tan top

congratulations  :cheers:    , like the others said  its a rare original car , I would persionally be very carful on the mods you do , a vinyl top maybe &  swap out the  column change is all I would do to visual appearance  :Twocents:   
but its your car , what ever makes you happy , & have fun , would love to see pictures of the car sometime   :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

blinkey

Yes, the only changes I will make is the console, and magnums, paint will stay.  I was thinking of deleting the stripe but I think Ill leave it .

Sixt8Chrgr

skip68

:2thumbs:
Awesome.   I think you got a GREAT deal.   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: blinkey on August 27, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
   Yes, the only changes I will make is the console, and magnums, paint will stay.  I was thinking of deleting the stripe but I think Ill leave it cause being there for this long I think you will notice it on the paint when its removed. By the by,,,he did end up dropping the price , that was the turning point. Im happy

Be sure that you own it for a while before you do any conversions. A car's particular oddities can grow on you and I have found that these oddities are what gives a particular car its personality. I think that a buddy seat with the fold down armrest would be a nice thing to have. As mentioned above, it gives you a real armrest for your right arm which is something that all these common console cars don't do.

Also, after 46 years, you really are better off to keep it all original, because that alone makes this car VERY special.

skip68

I agree with dirty T all the way.  I can't tell you how many times I wished for a armrest.   It's your car but I wouldn't spend that kinda money for an original car and then change it.    If you want to change the color do a vinyl wrap.   That way I will still have it's original paint.     :2thumbs: 
Remember, it's only original and untouched once.   Going back to original doesn't count.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

ws23rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on August 27, 2015, 05:53:42 PM
   Yes, the only changes I will make is the console, and magnums, paint will stay.  I was thinking of deleting the stripe but I think Ill leave it cause being there for this long I think you will notice it on the paint when its removed. By the by,,,he did end up dropping the price , that was the turning point. Im happy

Be sure that you own it for a while before you do any conversions. A car's particular oddities can grow on you and I have found that these oddities are what gives a particular car its personality. I think that a buddy seat with the fold down armrest would be a nice thing to have. As mentioned above, it gives you a real armrest for your right arm which is something that all these common console cars don't do.

Also, after 46 years, you really are better off to keep it all original, because that alone makes this car VERY special.

I believe this is an important point that grows larger with time.

Much is said about making a car the way you want it to be but when something this original comes along it would be a shame to change it in any big way.

If I was looking for a car to restore to what my vision was and came across this car I would acquire it and keep looking for my vision with this as trading material.

The old WIW question can sometimes get in the way of a best decision.  

However if an original car like this is turned into another dream that the new owner has in mind, it will satisfy them (at cost) and only add to the value of the very few unaltered cars left. :Twocents:

E86/A47

QuoteBe sure that you own it for a while before you do any conversions. A car's particular oddities can grow on you and I have found that these oddities are what gives a particular car its personality. I think that a buddy seat with the fold down armrest would be a nice thing to have. As mentioned above, it gives you a real armrest for your right arm which is something that all these common console cars don't do.

Some great advice! Plus, instead of waiting for those changes to be made, you'll be able to pick the car up pretty much right away. Yes you can change it to a console and then switch it back if you ever decide to sell it but they're only original once. If you do decide to sell it anytime soon, you will get much better money for it if you leave it alone. As I've said before and others have also said, it's your car to do with as you wish but we can only try to encourage you to keep it original.

Pictures please...engine bay, fender tag, trunk, interior, etc...

skip68

:rofl:  I just got done adding to my post E86.  
Remember, it's only original from the factory and untouched once. Going back to original doesn't count.    :Twocents:

ws23rt

:scratchchin: Hmmm a quick response times five?

blinkey---are hearing us? :lol:

E86/A47

QuoteRemember, it's only original from the factory and untouched once. Going back to original doesn't count.    Twocents

Yeah, what skip said!

XS29LA47V21

Yes, the only changes I will make is the console, and magnums, paint will stay.  I was thinking of deleting the stripe but I think Ill leave it cause being there for this long I think you will notice it on the paint when its removed. By the by,,,he did end up dropping the price , that was the turning point. I'm happy

Well stated and I agree.  I have not always agreed with Mr Dirti but that makes up the hobby and our different passions (quarks).  The photos I have seen and that it is a vinyl top delete car... and silver to boot, which is one of the colors that does not hold up well at all.   Is unbelievable in the moment.  One of my cars is original paint, not nearly that nice and I on this day, would happily pass at that cars asking price, so if you got for less, I think that was a great buy.  I read the thread the other day and thought I would share my thoughts, fwiw, but honestly if it is really all that, including truly factory original paint I could see 50 easy and a die hard goofy going well past a near perfect restored cars pricing (into the six figures).  Factor original cars just do not existing in Muscle car world, maybe the old lady's coupe deville....I did not care for the bench dealy either, but it does really grow on you.  

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: skip68 on August 27, 2015, 06:27:55 PM
I agree with dirty T all the way.    

Quote from: E86/A47 on August 27, 2015, 06:50:58 PM

Some great advice!

Quote from: XS29LA47V21 on August 27, 2015, 08:08:56 PM

Well stated and I agree.  I have not always agreed with Mr Dirti but that makes up the hobby and our different passions (quarks).  T

Someone's got to be the brains of this thread and it might as well be me. So, as you can clearly see, I am much more than just a pretty face.    :yesnod:

RallyeMike

Honestly, if it truly is a super low mileage survivor and it turns out its not the car for you because of color and options, then sell it for more and buy the one that fits your taste. It seems like 90% of these are console vinyl top cars. This one is special.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TPR

Personally, I wouldn't touch a thing.
Drive the shit out of it and if you are still uncertain in a years time, sell it for a profit.
You've scored big time. Congratulations.  :2thumbs:
:Twocents:
TPR
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 440 - UU1 Light Blue Metallic
www.tr440.com

Sixt8Chrgr

Quote from: ws23rt on August 27, 2015, 06:48:21 PM

I believe this is an important point that grows larger with time.

Much is said about making a car the way you want it to be but when something this original comes along it would be a shame to change it in any big way.

If I was looking for a car to restore to what my vision was and came across this car I would acquire it and keep looking for my vision with this as trading material.

The old WIW question can sometimes get in the way of a best decision.  

However if an original car like this is turned into another dream that the new owner has in mind, it will satisfy them (at cost) and only add to the value of the very few unaltered cars left. :Twocents:

I totally agree with the above. I suggest enjoy the car for some time before you modify it.