News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MSD 6AL to Firecore Dist wiring?

Started by 68CoronetRT, October 06, 2015, 07:05:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68CoronetRT

Can someone take a pic or send me how the wires are hooked up. From what I see it is a Orange/Purple wire on the Firecore side and Green/Violet on the MSD side.

Had the reluctor wheel installed backwards, and I think I mixed up this wiring to get the car to run.

oldcarnut

This came from Ron when I bought   "Here is a wiring diagram from MSD which is identical to the Firecore unit. Ignore the instructions on setting the mechanical advance because the MSD uses bushings but the Firecore uses set screws to adjust.

The wiring is the same so scroll down to the second last image in this link for the schematic. As you can see the ballist resistor gets deleted which is one thing less to be worried about."
http://www.msdignition.com/uploadedFiles/MSDIgnitioncom/Products/distributors/8387_instructions.pdf