News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Protouring Daytona Clone Build by Holohan's hot rod shop Moorsville NC

Started by unrulyprocuda, September 28, 2015, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

unrulyprocuda

Thanks Dane you do know it has your wing on it sorry to steal your color from your car almost. A few years ago when you finished your car and picked the paint i said Damn to my self i had already picked the color for mine but it was nice to see what it looked like on a Daytona and i love your new Daytona as well as your yellow car keep watching this build it will be Epic Dan Holohan is  a Badass metal fab guy

Daytona Guy

I'm sure you put the cars together and the color will be different. Your wheel and wing combo pulls of this dark wing.

Dane

phantom

Awesome build!
Finally another restomod/protouring project :) Im building a 68 Charger in the same category, but not with the same brutal engine as you though. I have just ordered big Wilwood brakes and a complete Air ride from Ridetech. Planning to run 9x20" and 12x20" wheels and a stroked 440. Will follow your project for sure :)

unrulyprocuda

I just sold everything you were talking about Phantom including an Alterkation front end a few months back and a set of 8x20 and 10x22 billet specialties wheels they were pictured in the first few pictures . Goodluck with your build sounds super cool.

djcarguy

Blocked from Face blooked,,,book an a number of others here gave up or dont do face plant,,mean book!!

Could you put some progress pix here for those non face people??  Thanks i sure want to see this awesum beast come to life..   DJ out west near DAne his last 2 are awesum Daytonas.   :popcrn: :drool5: :2thumbs:

Homerr

Before I get emotionally invested in this car I have a serious question.  Is this car a keeper and will it be driven?

Seen too many of these become fantasy cars for sale with a $300k price tag.

unrulyprocuda

Dj i certainly will post all build pics I understand i am not on facebook either.Its slow going right now Dan Holohans shop has only been open for a few years since he left Rad Rides and Troy Trepanier and went to Detroit Speed for a few years then decided to open his own shop he has several projects in his shop including mine and unfortunately he cannot find Qualified help as of late and is doing all the work himself.My car is his first Complete Build from start to finish though so it will be huge for his shop and Dan himself never to worry with cars like Sickfish and Chicayne under his belt he is an under the radar badass car builder its just going to take a bit to get it built but that was alright with me since i Did not have a ton of money up front to have the car built we are on the five year or so plan.
Homerr go ahead and get invested the plan with the Daytona is to Show the car for a few years then drive the hell out of it.Since this is the first full build from Holohans Hot rod shop i would like to travel to some shows and get Dan some accolades for his shop and skills first so it will be a trailer queen at first.

Here is the full rendering its Going to be Epic Meet ENVIOUS   :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

djcarguy

love the long full tail lite,but not the big thing back up lite in middle??   seems maybee color tint it or remove it ,an have red lence all the way..   or make a nice trim frame to cover part of it with charger or DAYTona emblem in the middle covering more of the back up lite?   just my opinion,,total your awesum build ,so build your way an we will all enjoy it too.. :popcrn: :popcrn: :drool5: :popcrn: :popcrn: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

unrulyprocuda

Dj I like Suggestions always when we start finishing this car i am sure we will have new Ideas hell its already been 10 years with hundreds of changes and different parts. And to think i only wanted a Driver Daytona when i started. :2thumbs:

WHITE AND RED 69

Love the build and not trying to mess with your design but why go with the 2008-2013 tail lights? Your build is top notch so why copy what people have been doing for the last few years? Why not go with the 2015-16 challenger tail lights, That hasn't been done yet as far as I know.  :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

unrulyprocuda

I have been pondering that exact comment its very possible that could change from the rendering.

oldcarnut

My Chally is a 10, I like those tail lights better than the new ones.  Just for input it comes up as a topic at the cruise ins that the earlier tail lights look like tail lights whereas 15-16 sorta have a cheaper look like plastic fascia stuck on them.   May look great on yours but something to take another look at.

djcarguy

Whats happening,any new info? iam still blocked on face block an wondering?  :2thumbs: :popcrn:  DJ

unrulyprocuda

Just a Few Things Happening with the Daytona Passenger side Quarter is Finished and we Changed things up a bit Decided to go with a 2016 Tail light package that will soon be Installed as well as a full custom made Chrome molly tube Chassis that im sure will be a work of Art.

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Fin Day

unrulyprocuda

Yes and Fortunately you are the only people in the world that Know about it.Even the Builder wanted to keep it under wraps until it was finished. But me im so excited i had to show someone.

Hemi Runner

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on September 07, 2016, 11:40:35 PM
Just a Few Things Happening with the Daytona Passenger side Quarter is Finished and we Changed things up a bit Decided to go with a 2016 Tail light package that will soon be Installed as well as a full custom made Chrome molly tube Chassis that im sure will be a work of Art.
great project, I love it. Just curious as to why the tube chassis in a pro touring ride? Isn't pro touring supposed to have nice comfy interiors and be more on the practical side?

Daytona Guy

Quote from: unrulyprocuda on October 05, 2015, 11:11:52 AM
Last Pictures for a bit until more are available Pictures show Dan cutting off previously done passenger quarter panel and then adding rust preventive coating to the underneath side and where the window regulator attaches
the next picture Dan has added weld or metal to the Bottom of the wing pedestal this is a Cast Dane version of the Daytona wing which is a quality product already. Dan Holohan Had decided to add material to make it look more finished out and a little wider 

And well done!!!!

Dane

unrulyprocuda

This will be a Pro touring style full frame with no pesky Bars to crawl around Dan Has some very one off things rolling around in his head for this Frame there will be no Cage but yet it will all be tied into everything. Im letting the Master Do his Thing.

Charger_Fan

This is my first time seeing this thread, so I'm popping in here to give you my official seal of approval! :2thumbs: Hehe  :icon_smile_big:

This build looks fantastic so far, I can't wait for some more updates. Thanks for taking us all along for the ride! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

unrulyprocuda

Thank you Should be some real progress this winter right now its slow going.

unrulyprocuda

Thanks guys check this out never seen this done Dan Holohan is the Man wing Pedestal pockets.

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)