News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS

Started by Mopar Nut, October 19, 2015, 08:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ws23rt

The force really started way back in 2015. :2thumbs:

myk

Quote from: 69wannabe on December 18, 2015, 07:27:53 PM
My son grew up with the prequel's and then into the original's which were the real trilogy for me. We like the movie's alot and I know it gets expensive but I'd rather blow 50 bucks watching a good movie than blow 50 bucks at a club or bar. We stood in line for an hour and a half to get some really good seats which we wound up with great seats and we enjoyed it!! It was a really good movie and it held up to all the hype that has been leading up to it's release. I have never been to a movie where there were numerous time's of applause in the seat's throughout the entire movie. I am not the biggest star war's fan ever but I have watched them all and this one did not disappoint for action and story line. It was well done in my opinion highly recommended to all!!

I'm going to have to watch it again because people were cheering through the whole thing...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Mopar Nut

Quote from: myk on December 18, 2015, 08:43:08 PM
Quote from: 69wannabe on December 18, 2015, 07:27:53 PM
My son grew up with the prequel's and then into the original's which were the real trilogy for me. We like the movie's alot and I know it gets expensive but I'd rather blow 50 bucks watching a good movie than blow 50 bucks at a club or bar. We stood in line for an hour and a half to get some really good seats which we wound up with great seats and we enjoyed it!! It was a really good movie and it held up to all the hype that has been leading up to it's release. I have never been to a movie where there were numerous time's of applause in the seat's throughout the entire movie. I am not the biggest star war's fan ever but I have watched them all and this one did not disappoint for action and story line. It was well done in my opinion highly recommended to all!!

I'm going to have to watch it again because people were cheering through the whole thing...
Same here, but what I did see and hear, it sure did not disappoint, the movie was AWESOME!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

myk

Yeah, saw it again tonight but the group I was with was lame; I had to start the cheering or the clapping and even then it was like we were watching a Disney Princess movie instead of the latest Star Wars...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

DixieRestoParts

I'm going to visit my parents in a week or so. I'll try to go see it in the same theatre I saw it in back in '76. Maybe the lines won't be so long by then. 
Dixie Restoration Parts
Ball Ground, Georgia
Phone: (770) 975-9898
Phone Hours: M-F 10am-6pm EST
mail@dixierestorationparts.com
Veteran owned small business

The Best Parts at a Fair Price

myk

It's just the timing, really.  I went at 7pm Friday night and the theater was half full for the duration of the movie...

Dodge Don

Took the family out today to see the new Star Wars movie. Bought the tickets a couple of months ago with reserved seat seating so no crowd hassles.

They had one of the SRT Chargers there dressed in Storm Trooper trim.

b5blue

"It's a TRAP"..... :lol: In 77 my USAF barracks had some buzzing about a fun new movie so I drove my new Z/28 200 miles east to Dallas. Finding a line going completely around the theater I jumped out and asked an employee what to do? They sold me tickets for the next show and my gal and I had a nice meal nearby. The line had repeated for the next show but we just walked in and watched the movie. Much much later in life I'd explained to my kids if I'd known this story was going to drag out over my entire life the way it has I'd been better off skipping the whole thing.  ::) I'm certain I'll enjoy this one but it's clear this story has no end, it's a trap and there is no escape.   

myk

I'm OK with a never-ending  story as long as it's a good one.  Problem with this installment is that, well, I'll let you see for yourself...

XS29L

We went to see it on the 18th. The theater was full no spoiler here but we enjoyed the movie.
MOPAR OR NO CAR !!

1974dodgecharger

cant wait for the spin off about how Yoda became a Jedi, bubba fett after his dads death, and how Samuel Jackson also became a jedi.....

myk

ACUDANUT

Mike DC

I saw it last nite.  Really impressed.  

Just to confirm it - The prequel problems are totally gone.  No more wooden acting & bad dialogue, people don't stand around talking about boring politics for minutes on end, the sets & backgrounds don't look like CGI effects, the aliens aren't annoying as hell, etc.

It's good.

If you keep your expectations fair, and don't judge this 1 new movie against a total of 3 old movies + 3 decades of nostalgia, and remember this is launching a whole new series, appealing to all ages, and a new batch of kids who know nothing about SW . . . then this movie is VERY good.

Drache

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 21, 2015, 06:28:28 AM

I saw it last nite.  Really impressed.  

Just to confirm it - The prequel problems are totally gone.  No more wooden acting & bad dialogue, people don't stand around talking about boring politics for minutes on end, the sets & backgrounds don't look like CGI effects, the aliens aren't annoying as hell, etc.

It's good.

If you keep your expectations fair, and don't judge this 1 new movie against a total of 3 old movies + 3 decades of nostalgia, and remember this is launching a whole new series, appealing to all ages, and a new batch of kids who know nothing about SW . . . then this movie is VERY good.

Before the movie came out a lot of die hard fans were complaining the the canon of the books/comics/games are no longer valid.

I think the movie did justice to the original three personally. It felt like a real Star Wars movie unlike the prequels.

It will be interesting to see if the stand alone movie "Rogue One" (which takes place between Episode 3 and 4) will be any good. It explains the story of how the rebels stole the plans for the death star.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

myk

We can say what we will about the prequel movies, and yes they were AWFUL, but at least those movies tried to bring something new and fresh into the Star Wars mythos.  All JJ Abrams and his crew did with Episode 7 is completely copy and rehash Episode 4.  This movie is probably the laziest effort I have ever seen from a group of people that had the utmost level of resources and talent to create something truly new, memorable and worthwhile.  Did I find Episode 7 entertaining?  Certainly; they made sure to stroke off the fanboi in myself and all of the other nerds out there, all in an effort to conceal the fact that they just plagiarized the very first Star Wars movie and are trying to pass it off as Star Wars for the new generation.  With all due respect, I think they're a bunch of hacks.

PHOOEY :brickwall:

hemigeno

I'm going to see it tomorrow afternoon with some of my family (those that don't like the "IMAX experience"), and then doing the IMAX thing with the rest of the family on the 26th.

Quote from: myk on December 21, 2015, 12:11:58 PM
PHOOEY

Or is that  poodoo ??   :scratchchin:

myk

Mike DC

QuoteWe can say what we will about the prequel movies, and yes they were AWFUL, but at least those movies tried to bring something new and fresh into the Star Wars mythos.  All JJ Abrams and his crew did with Episode 7 is completely copy and rehash Episode 4.  This movie is probably the laziest effort I have ever seen from a group of people that had the utmost level of resources and talent to create something truly new, memorable and worthwhile.  Did I find Episode 7 entertaining?  Certainly; they made sure to stroke off the fanboi in myself and all of the other nerds out there, all in an effort to conceal the fact that they just plagiarized the very first Star Wars movie and are trying to pass it off as Star Wars for the new generation.  With all due respect, I think they're a bunch of hacks.

:Twocents:

I think they made their compromises in some of the wrong places.  But that's not the same thing as not putting effort into it.  I've been following the development of this flick for the last couple years and they put thought into EVERYTHING about it.  

They had 3 disappointing movies to live down. They were trying to prove that this isn't the prequel era anymore & win back old fans.  The best way to come up with a storyline that provides enough excuses for old SW stuff. . . is to do a very old-Star-Warsy storyline.  And it works for the younger kids because this is ALL new to them.

This isn't the rest of the new SW movies, this is the first one.  Disney will do lots more new SW stuff and they will be branching out soon enough.  I'm content to savor this opening blast of classic-SW before they move on.  

Drache

WARNING: MAY BE SPOILERS!

Here are the easter eggs Ive noticed so far:

1) The name of the "new deathstar" is Starkiller Base. Starkiller was originally the last name for Luke Skywalker in the original draft.

2) When Fin is digging through the medical supplies to find bandages for Chewie, the first thing he pulls out is the practice droid Luke used when Obi Wan was first teaching him to use a lightsaber.

3) The flags outside the bar are all from the pod races in Episode 1.

4) Fin's number, 2187, is the same number of Leia's prison cell on the Deathstar in Episode 4.

5) The box where Luke's lightsabre was being stored, is the same box it was taken out of in Episode 4 when Obi Wan first gives it to Luke.

Other interesting facts:

1) The Stormtrooper that is mind controlled by Rey, is Daniel Craig

2) The guy trading items for rations on Jakku (the guy who wants BB-8), is Simon Pegg

3) During the flash back sequence, you here someone saying the name "Rey". That is actually two voices, Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness. How do you get someone who is dead to speak? They found a clip of Alec Guinness saying "afraid" and just cut it down digitally.

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

Olivia Jackson, the stunt woman for the "Rey" character had to have her arm amputated after a stunt went horribly wrong when filming the final Resident Evil movie.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Chryco Psycho

definate pass . the last one I saw was in 77

myk

Not even a fan of Empire?  That's the best Star Wars movie of all...

Mike DC

Yeah, you gotta respect The Empire Strikes Back,  Star Wars fan or not. 

ANH made Star Wars a big hit but ESB is why the franchise is still around today.