News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Removing Glass from Side Mirror

Started by shawnmd, April 06, 2006, 11:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

I am getting my drivers side mirror rechromed and need to remove the glass(mirror) from the mirror itself.  The mirror is already off the car. How do I go about this without breaking the mirror?

ck1

what year car? is it a remote mirror?
CJK

shawnmd

OOps sorry, its a 69 and it is a remote mirror.  I've figured it out but am still having trouble getting the cables disconnected at the handle end. Its hard to get the metal to spread to release the cables without the metal breaking...

daytonalo

WHY ON EARTH EVEN PLAY WITH IT ! TOSS IT AND BUY A NEW ONE FOR 245.00

resq302

Because new ones dont have a date coding. :no: :stirthepot: :haha:  Actually, on ones I am getting ready to send out and have rechromed, I used a very thin flat headed screwdriver to spread the crimped area then compressed the nob in the cylinder which freed up the cables.  Hope this helps.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

daytonalo

I HEAR YOU , BUT NOBODY ON EARTH IS GOING TO GIVE A SHIT BUT YOU ! YOU CANT SEE A PART # WHEN IT IS ON .

Nacho-RT74

it should be able to get acces to screws that keep in place the mounting mirror baseplate opening wider as possible. At leats is possible in 3rd gens

This baseplate will be removed with wires attached.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

resq302

Quote from: daytonalo on April 07, 2006, 12:39:11 PM
I HEAR YOU , BUT NOBODY ON EARTH IS GOING TO GIVE A SHIT BUT YOU ! YOU CANT SEE A PART # WHEN IT IS ON .

Part number, no.  Date coding, YES!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

shawnmd

Lets see $245 new or rechromed for $50...........Little work never hurt anyone.