News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

found my pistons reciept w pics

Started by rt green, November 30, 2015, 06:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

well, I think I'm going to treat this like a stock install. after all, its suppose to be close to stock, and put it dot to dot. then, bust out the degree wheel and go from there. if I get it running and it sucks, i'll change to something else. this is at home hot rodding. if it doesn't work, try something else. thanks guys. I've learned a lot. 
third string oil changer

rt green

got the heads back. the old machine shop screwed up the valve seats.  valve height was all over the place. that has been corrected. the plunge cut looks good. now I have to blend it all in and then install valve springs.  happy new year.
third string oil changer

b5blue

rt green

i'll have  to force myself to learn to post pics on here, but I'll try this weekend
third string oil changer

b5blue

I called Bob after reading this. (About his cams) I'm really interested in how it works out for you.

rt green

sent you a pm to ask you to help me get the pics on here from an email. or, anyone else? help?
third string oil changer

rt green

sent in to speedway and got their head porting kit. it worked ok. didn't take away any metal, but smoothed out the machine work to the ports. took them back yesterday along with the new valve springs.  now I wait.   
third string oil changer

rt green

ill try and post pics
third string oil changer

rt green

third string oil changer

rt green

third string oil changer

b5blue

66FBCharger

Quote from: rt green on January 16, 2016, 09:52:31 AM
sent in to speedway and got their head porting kit. it worked ok. didn't take away any metal, but smoothed out the machine work to the ports. took them back yesterday along with the new valve springs.  now I wait.   

What were the valve springs recommended for the Bob K cam? I didn't buy the springs with the cam and lifters when I bought it, for some odd reason. Are they a spring that I can only buy from Bob? I need to buy a set.
'69 Charger R/T 440 4 speed T5, '70 Road Runner 440+6 4 speed, '73 'Cuda 340 4 speed, '66 Charger 383 Auto
SOLD!:'69 Charger R/T S.E. 440 4 speed 3.54 Dana rolling body

b5blue

He's got 3 cams, I'd call him to find out.  :2thumbs: He'd told me a Manley 22406.

375instroke

Quote from: rt green on December 09, 2015, 09:05:08 PM
geez. maybe I should just use the .040 head gasket.

If you measure the chambers, I doubt you'll look back and wish you had spent the time watching TV instead.  I got a precision glass buret without a valve and stand, you just hold your thumb over the end, at a student science experiment store by my house for like $10.  I used a CD and grease to cover the chamber and poured through the center hole.

How's the build coming along?

rt green

i kinda traded the whole works off for a 70 cuda.
third string oil changer

b5blue

Challenger340

Quote from: rt green on January 16, 2016, 01:50:46 PM
another

Looks like they did a very nice job of the seats, good to see their are still good Shops out there  :2thumbs:
Only wimps wear Bowties !

BSB67

Quote from: Challenger340 on March 06, 2016, 11:24:41 AM
another

Looks like they did a very nice job of the seats, good to see their are still good Shops out there  :2thumbs:

You know me, I'm a doubter.  Does that look like a knurled intake guide?  If so, you know that is a problem.  Does look like a liner in the exhaust.  :shruggy:

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: BSB67 on March 06, 2016, 12:08:08 PM
another

You know me, I'm a doubter.  Does that look like a knurled intake guide?  If so, you know that is a problem.  Does look like a liner in the exhaust.  :shruggy:

I see what you see, especially after zooming in... will PROBABLY be ok on a stockish build. But how long will it last is the question......

Challenger340

Quote from: BSB67 on March 06, 2016, 12:08:08 PM
another

Shat !
I missed that completely ? it does look like a knurled guide on the Intake ? (I ain't a fan of that either.)
For all the time it takes, why not just squirt a liner and hone it ? I didn't think anyone still had a guide "knurler" other than as museum pieces.
Only wimps wear Bowties !