News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where is winter?

Started by b5blue, December 23, 2015, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Man it is still hot down here in Florida! Hot and muggy today with no end in sight. I heard it could still be in the mid 70's for N.Y. this Christmas? Is anybody getting the cool weather?
  I normally work on the Charger this time of year for the cooler temps but may end up sweating anyway this winter!  :lol: At least it's in the lower 80's even if damp still. Enjoy any cooler weather you may get!  :2thumbs:

Mytur Binsdirti

Supposed to be 70 in Taxachusetts tomorrow & above normal temps right through New year.

Dans 68

47 degrees with wind chill here in the Bay Area (Northern California). Plenty cold for the Mrs. Me, I'd love it a bit colder.... Winter is coming.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

birdsandbees

You're complaining in Florida!!!!  :pity:   12 C here today...  54F. Should have been ice fishing already in the past week or so and it should be -15 C or so. Saw 5 motorcycles while out Christmas shopping today. 
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

XH29N0G

My friend's dog is covered in ticks.... They should be long gone.  We are 70's and should be at Freezing.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

stripedelete

bull

We got it in the northwest this year. Record-breaking rainfall at sea level and gobs of snow in the mountains. The temperatures are pretty average.

The northeast got its a$$ handed to it the last two winters, you'd think they'd be happy for the break with a La NiƱa winter.

b5blue

Quote from: birdsandbees on December 23, 2015, 07:28:14 PM
You're complaining in Florida!!!!  :pity:   12 C here today...  54F. Should have been ice fishing already in the past week or so and it should be -15 C or so. Saw 5 motorcycles while out Christmas shopping today. 
:lol: Having traveled to the Bahamas, Alaska, N.Y., all over the southeast and lived in Texas, Mississippi and Virgina I'll never complain about Florida itself, it's my home state. 35-40 years of construction work, mostly here I'm just tired of sweating! By now it's normally like having A/C running outside! (68-72 and low humidity) I've bunches of projects for outside not just the car and when done I can finally start taking vacations where I actually vacation instead of using time off from work, to work on personal things that need to be done. (I'm so close to that target!)

69wannabe

I don't mind the mild temp's here in georgia if it would just quit raining!!!!  :brickwall: Been raining for 5 days and looks like it's gonna rain for 5 more day's after today!!!

XH29N0G

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mopar Nut

We have plenty of snow here with temp. in the low 30's to the mid 20's in Northern Utah.

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

adauto

Personally I'm luv'n the warm temps, bit it has KILLED business this month.....  :'(
Never too many! 70 Chally R/T Convert-70 GTX-68-69-74 Charger-68 Dart GTS

http://a-dauto.com/  http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-D-Truck-and-Auto-Parts/67427352555?ref=hl

polywideblock

so how long until this turns into a "when will this %$##@snow end " thread    :rofl:    :scratchchin:     :popcrn:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

I'm waiting on winter too  :lol:  enough of this heat already.

b5blue

el dub

Its in central Calif. right now. 31*. past few days, rain. which we need
    We have more snow now in the Sierra's than we had all last year.
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

rt green

eastern south Dakota. got 9 inches of snow last nite. expecting 5 more on Monday. have to bust out the snow blower today. well, it beats being at work anyways.
third string oil changer

303 Mopar

Denver had a white Christmas.  Snowed about an 1" yesterday.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Dodge Don

Just outside Toronto Canada....so nice I had the Charger out for a cruise Christmas Eve. No snow. Warm & sunny.....could not pass up the opportunity.

el dub

I heard a while back it was supposed to be an El Nino year. Anyone else hear that?
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

XH29N0G

Quote from: el dub on December 26, 2015, 11:05:37 AM
I heard a while back it was supposed to be an El Nino year. Anyone else hear that?

Yes it is.  For my area this can mean very warm or very snowy.  So far it means very warm.  From what I read, this is a doozy of one.  Basically, it  rearranges weather patterns in other areas.  I will take out the car if the rain stops.  It is plenty warm, but too wet, with flooding warnings.

Or maybe it protects us. 

stripedelete

I heard of El Ninio for the first time in 1998.  I didn't wear much more than a sweater that whole winter.
This winter feels the same.

polywideblock

do you think there might be something to this "global warming " their all talking about   :scratchchin: :popcrn:

XH29N0G

There is something to global warming and climate change, but making a connection between today's warmth, el nino, and climate change though is probably not an argument to be made without a larger probabilistic argument that ties it with other phenomena and data.   I do not know the probability associated with such a connection. 

Since the climate is such a complex system, the arguments are made in terms of probability, even if the underlying physics and chemistry is well constrained.

Or maybe it protects us. 

Mytur Binsdirti

Uh oh, I spoke too soon. Our first chance of snow is coming in on Tuesday.

NHCharger

Quote from: bull on December 23, 2015, 09:11:43 PM
The northeast got its a$$ handed to it the last two winters, you'd think they'd be happy for the break with a La NiƱa winter.

Yup. Last winter we went 6 weeks without getting above freezing. Many homes suffered ice dam damage. Even homes with metal roofs had issues which I can never remember happening. Had the 68 out for a spin today. Forecast calling for 6-8 inches of snow and ice on Tuesday so "Fun Time" is over.
The weather runs in cycles, it always seems to average out.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

polywideblock

Quote from: stripedelete on December 26, 2015, 03:15:24 PM
I heard of El Ninio for the first time in 1998.  I didn't wear much more than a sweater that whole winter.
This winter feels the same.

funny , that year the Sydney to Hobart yacht race was smashed by a huge east coast low    :scratchchin:   this year  the race started yesterday and 14 yachts out already  including two of the "maxi yachts " and the race leader pushing on with a broken rudder   :eek2:  

ws23rt

You folks in the east need not panic.  We in the west have used the jet stream long enough to put snow where it belongs.---In the mountains for next summer.--- Winter is on it's way east so you can have your share and all will be well soon. :icon_smile_wink:

Charger_Fan

Quote from: polywideblock on December 26, 2015, 01:15:00 AM
so how long until this turns into a "when will this %$##@snow end " thread    :rofl:    :scratchchin:     :popcrn:
I'm already tired of winter, so I'll start... :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

b5blue

NEWS FLASH! I got to wear my jacket 2 days in a row!!!  :o  An arctic blast pushed temps to an astounding 65 degrees. Florida is struggling to recover.

BLK 68 R/T

65 is the temp inside my house  :D

hemigeno

Quote from: Charger_Fan on January 06, 2016, 04:34:50 PM

Grant!  Great to see you buddy!

:cheers:

b5blue

Quote from: BLK 68 R/T on January 06, 2016, 05:09:22 PM
65 is the temp inside my house  :D
70 in mine...cuz the A/C is running full blast!

XH29N0G

Quote from: polywideblock on December 26, 2015, 01:15:00 AM

First time I looked at your picture, I missed the 'T' and thought it was a creatively spelled message to those who don't like snow. :smilielol:

Or maybe it protects us. 

Charger_Fan

Quote from: hemigeno on January 06, 2016, 05:16:53 PM

Grant!  Great to see you buddy!

:cheers:
Thanks Gene. :) I have been gone a while...longer than I thought! :image_294343:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

skip68

Coming from the dessert we're loving this white stuff.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

JB400

I get the pleasure of putting brake pads on the front of a Pacifica, Mon for the neighbor, outside of course.  Predicted temp: below freezing.  I told them they needed pads back in August.

polywideblock

its not winter but , we just had our wettest Jan day on record   :yesnod:    250 mm (10 inches )  in 24 hours   :eek2:   it hasn't stoped since Mon  :shruggy: 

all the places that were flooded back in July are under water again,  including here  :rotz:   at least there was no wind this time

b5blue

tcs69rt

Come to Colorado and I will show you some snow at 8500', where I live!  :2thumbs:

"Life ain't easy when you rode the short bus."

73rallye440magnum

-24F here in northern Wi this morning. Is it March yet?
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

birdsandbees

A week or so ago before I started tear down. Got a good foot of snow last night. Can't wait for Friday night when I'll be sitting at a beach bar in Curacao !!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

beedees

Any other dumb questions? :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

polywideblock

so it finally arrived did it    :scratchchin:    perhaps it will chase summer over here now(yes its raining again )   :eek2:   easily the wettest Jan on  local record  

b5blue

It's about 75 and sunny today...gonna rain later.  :2thumbs:

69wannabe

Winter been here for a couple of weeks now in north Ga. Not horrible but some really cold morning's here in the teen's and 20's and high's in the 40's. This isn't bad as some of the post on here but it's cold enough for me to stay bundled up when I step outside. I'm not a fan of this time of the year so I am ready for springtime already!!  :yesnod:

XH29N0G

The 'make winter great again storm' arrived

Or maybe it protects us. 

Bob

We are getting slammed here in south central PA  with a blowing blizzard. 26 inches so far. Can't wait to snow bird in Myrtle beach.

b5blue

My son is getting his first real deal winter in Philly just about now! I'm happy here, we finally got some temps in the 50's! (I'll take what I can get!)  :2thumbs:

polywideblock

just watched the world news , seems  to have arrived    :scratchchin: