News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 charger master cylnder

Started by brad mcintyre, March 25, 2016, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brad mcintyre

did late production 66 chargers have dual resoviors :shruggy:

ODZKing

To the best of my knowledge, no. In fact I believe a few early 67s may have had single. But as they say with Ma Mopar, anything is possible.
Possibly Bryan could shed some light as well.

A383Wing

I have seen some (as in maybe one or 2) 66 Chargers have the dual master cylinder from the factory....and on the other hand, I have also seen a few 67's have the single pot master cylinder on those cars.....now whether they were factory installed or changed out very early in the cars life is up for debate....

it is a large safety factor incase one of your brake hoses or wheel cylinders fail that you have the 67 & up dual master cylinder....I have changed one of my 66's over to the 67 style, just need the master cylinder, the dual lines and the distribution block down under on the frame rail

Bryan

brad mcintyre

I have a very early one nov  single a dec car single april car dual wondered if changed or not I have a dual master cylinder for standard brakes don't know if that will work on the one with power brakes

A383Wing

master cylinder will work with power brakes, you just don't use the manual brake rod. As stated before, you will need the two lines that run to the distribution block under the car along with the block itself

John_Kunkel

No dual pot MC until '67 model year.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

A383Wing