News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Torsion Bars?

Started by Charger4404spd, December 25, 2015, 07:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobs69

Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 25, 2015, 09:35:19 PM
Go at least 1.10.  They are available at both Hotchkis and Firmfeel.

Is that the largest available?

Charger4404spd

Kern Dog

No. I have 1.15s in my Charger. I ordered mine from Bergman Auto Craft. Firm Feel can custom make any size you want up to 1.22.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Bobs69 on January 09, 2016, 11:05:44 PM
Quote from: 303 Mopar on December 25, 2015, 09:35:19 PM
Go at least 1.10.  They are available at both Hotchkis and Firmfeel.

Is that the largest available?

hotchkis used to make 1.11, but for some reason went down to 1.10....I guess I was one of the last few who got the 1.11 batch....but firm feel has wide ranges as noted.

Charger4404spd

Received the Borgeson box today. Looks really good and love the fact its a lot smaller.

myk

Wow.  Please let us know how the install goes...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

tan top

Quote from: Charger4404spd on January 12, 2016, 04:56:34 PM
Received the Borgeson box today. Looks really good and love the fact its a lot smaller.

:coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

Quote from: myk on January 12, 2016, 05:12:14 PM
Wow.  Please let us know how the install goes...

what MYK said   :coolgleamA:  ....... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

myk

Ah but wait, I think he's still waiting on the coupler kit to arrive...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Charger4404spd

Quote from: myk on January 12, 2016, 08:00:08 PM
Ah but wait, I think he's still waiting on the coupler kit to arrive...

Yes, should be another week or so.

birdsandbees

If you take your stock bars out, that have been twisting the same way for 47 years, would it make sense to put them back on the opposite side to twist the other way??? ... or is that asking for trouble?   :scratchchin:

DISREGARD!!!! Just found they are actually marked for Left and Right, so would suggest no interchangeable.  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

myk

Any status updates on the install?

As for the t-bars, once they've been subjected to force in a certain way, reversing the torsional force won't "save" the bar; it's already been weakened.  That's my guess, anyway...

Charger4404spd

yeah sorry, just finished it up Saturday. Still really wet here and have not got to on a test ride. Still have to get it to the alignment shop.
The new steering box feels A LOT different. Pretty stiff compared to original box. Will get a better feel for it when I get to drive it.
What do you guys think about the height? I like it, but I am wondering if I cranked the bars up enough.

Kern Dog

That is a strange looking A/C compressor on top of the engine.

myk

Quote from: Charger4404spd on February 01, 2016, 07:17:29 PM
yeah sorry, just finished it up Saturday. Still really wet here and have not got to on a test ride. Still have to get it to the alignment shop.
The new steering box feels A LOT different. Pretty stiff compared to original box. Will get a better feel for it when I get to drive it.
What do you guys think about the height? I like it, but I am wondering if I cranked the bars up enough.

:o :o :o :o :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

How did the install go?  I hope the new box isn't TOO stiff.  The way my steering is right now it's firm enough that it's not so sloppy, but it's still loose enough that I can flick the wheel in the direction I need it to very quickly.  Man I hope you get a test drive in soon.  Maybe the fast ratio helps with that?  I can't wait for your test drive!!!

1974dodgecharger

Ryan.C

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on December 27, 2015, 11:26:50 AM
No strip time, then the 1.0 firm feel bars instead. Frame connectors are a must. If you stiffen the front end, the car will litteraly buckle in the middle when you add torque. I can post pictures of my broken windshield and ripped open door jamb....

I would love to see that. Post them!!!!   :2thumbs:
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

Mike DC

QuoteI would love to see that. Post them!!!!

Me too.  I would be interested in any pics/details about that failure. 

It's hard to find info about unibody problems with these cars that isn't dragstrip related. 

68 RT

Quote from: Ryan.C on February 02, 2016, 11:07:40 PM
No strip time, then the 1.0 firm feel bars instead. Frame connectors are a must. If you stiffen the front end, the car will litteraly buckle in the middle when you add torque. I can post pictures of my broken windshield and ripped open door jamb....

I would love to see that. Post them!!!!   :2thumbs:

Me too!

rt green

to me, the front looks too low
third string oil changer

Charger4404spd

Quote from: rt green on February 08, 2016, 07:24:00 AM
to me, the front looks too low

Yeah Im starting the thing that too....gonna crank the bars another turn or two.

Kern Dog

Dick Landy had a 70 Charger Drag car that had no frame connectors. He had no problems like that. Maybe your car was rusty and flexible enough to buckle under 318 power...?

Mike DC

That drag car probably had torque box plating.  Big help.   

out there

Just a touch higher would be just right. Very sweet beast you have buy the way   :coolgleamA:

myk

Function over form.  If the car handles better with its nose scraping the ground, then so be it...

Charger4404spd

Quote from: myk on February 09, 2016, 01:58:04 AM
Function over form.  If the car handles better with its nose scraping the ground, then so be it...

:lol: