News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1968 Steering Column rebuild

Started by slumbers, January 06, 2016, 03:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slumbers

Happy New Year  from across the pond !

Can any one tell me where the spring goes that catapulted out of my steering column  :o whilst I was dismantling it for an overhaul ? It's not immediately obvious

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,90507.0.html

It's P/N 21-30-43 on this diagram , does it go behind the long screw that holds the turn indicator arm on ?

Thanks Dave

DC_1

That looks like the spring for the column shift. Appears to keep back pressure on the shifter. At least that is what I read looking at the drawing.

John_Kunkel

It keeps forward pressure on the shift lever, you compress the spring when you pull back on the lever.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

slumbers

There is another Spring that sits in a cut out behind the gear lever which you would push against when you pull the lever towards you to shift gear , this is quite a firm Spring . I have another lighter Spring which is slightly longer do you mean this goes opposite the other ?