News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Favorite movie with a mopar in it?

Started by moparsinbarns, April 09, 2006, 01:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whats your favorite movie with a mopar in it at some time?

Dukes Of Hazzard (69 Charger)
41 (16.1%)
Vanishing Point (70 Challenger
39 (15.3%)
Bullitt (68 Charger RT)
49 (19.2%)
Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry (68 or 69 Charger)
49 (19.2%)
Spy Hard (68 Charger)
2 (0.8%)
Christine (58 Fury)
21 (8.2%)
Two Lane Blacktop (69 Daytona, Hemi Cuda)
6 (2.4%)
Blade (68 Charger)
10 (3.9%)
Dazed and Confused (71 Duster, 70 Superbird),
5 (2%)
Both Fast and The Furious' (70 Charger, 70 Challenger)
11 (4.3%)
Joe Dirt (69 Daytona)
10 (3.9%)
Rush (68 Charger)
0 (0%)
Tommy Boy (67 GTX)
12 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 255

hemi-hampton

What, No Gone in 60 Seconds Movie as a Option????????????? Survey must be deemed null & void, Incomplete & inaccurate without this option in my opinion. LEON.

MichaelRW

The best movie was Christine. But the best scene with a Charger in it was by far and away the chase scene in Bullitt.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

THE CHARGER PUNK

The Forsaken with the vampires drivin around in this sinister lookin 69 :yesnod:

69bronzeT5

Your right Matt, my car does sorta look like that one. And holy crap, Im surprised this thread is still going. I made it back the old days with my old account moparsinbarns.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

mikesbbody

nobody's mentioned "fast and the furious" i wonder why... possibly the stupiest thing was that wheelie AND smoking the tires at the same time...can you say lame?

73cudaproject

I remember going to the drive in back in the '70's driving my '69 Charger RT to see Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry.  For many years I tried to find that movie to show my boys.  Now for pure humor I enjoy Joe Dirt!

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Mean 318

Its a toss up... Christine, Tommy Boy, Dirty Marry, or Bullitt... but I will have to go with Christine! ;D

Alain426

you forgot cars, the best animated film ever, a great story, and a lot of known cars,

and a mopar, the king's superbird :yesnod:

nakita7

There was a Stallone move, I believe it was called 'Lockdown'? and he drove a beautiful 70 Coronet RT, black on black pistol grip.

Shakey

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on January 30, 2007, 07:15:27 PM
The Forsaken with the vampires drivin around in this sinister lookin 69 :yesnod:

What makes it so sinister looking?   :shruggy:

BronzeOnSteelies

Christine, the movie was as good as the book and the blue 68 Charger survives!  :icon_smile_cool:
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

pettyfan43

favorite Movie WITH a Mopar. EASY the original Vanishing Point!

Favorite Movie Mopar- that BAD Citron Yella Charger in Dirty Mary Crazy Larry. COOLEST Movie car of ALL TIME!

Lostsheep

Gotta go Dukes....The Charger gets the most camera time.

hemi-hampton

The Original GONE IN 60 SECONDS from 1974 is the all time #1 Mopar Movie ever. I seen it at Drive in  in 1974, Seen Vanishing Point & Crazy Mary Dirty Larry at Drive in in 1970s also. All 3 great movies. LEON.

jamie1974

I remember a movie back from around 1988 that I used to love...it was called "The Gladiator". A really cheesy plot, but there were tons of scenes with a cool 68 or 69 Charger - can't remember - black with black tinted windows. A really good movie for Charger footage.
68 Charger - 440 Auto/ 4.11 Sure Grip

mikepmcs

That was a made for TV movie in 1986.  Here's some interesting trivia on the chargers used

The five 1969 Dodge Chargers used in this film were actual "General Lee"s from "The Dukes of Hazzard" (1979), sold by Warner Bros to this production. Out the five, two survived in the hands of stunt driver George E. Sack jr. They are now being restored for Dukes Stunt Coordinator Gary Baxley by Smith Bros. Restorations.

During the restoration, 'John Schneider' donated the engine from his General Lee. It was the last General made for the Dukes of Hazzard reunion movie.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jamie1974

Wow! Thats really interesting! Yeah, that is the one I'm talking about, the made for T.V. flick. I actually found a DVD copy on Amazon for $4.00 so I picked up a copy:

http://www.amazon.com/Gladiator-Ken-Wahl/dp/B00005U13T/sr=1-11/qid=1170437940/ref=sr_1_11/103-8651976-5443810?ie=UTF8&s=dvd

41husk

I own 6 of those flicks, I think I will try to find the rest.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mikepmcs

Jamie
Thanks for the link, I just bought it as well, along with Bullitt and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry.

:icon_smile_big: :METAL:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

jamie1974

yeah no problem, Mike! Hey where did you get that info on the Generals being used in the film? Got a link?  ???

I'm looking forward to getting my copy now...it'll be a real blast from the past. I used to watch that movie all the time.  :2thumbs:

I hope you'll enjoy those other 2 movies. Crazy Larry - I got that one a few months ago. A lot of Charger coverage there. Bullitt has a good chase scene, but most of the movie is a police show.

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

Oh yeah, one more movie with a Charger in it and one of my favorite Adam Sandler movies of all time..     The Wedding Singer.  A 1970 Charger in one scene for all of 2 seconds right after his wedding ends in disaster and Glen comes with the Las Vegas tickets to set the date for Julia Gulia to marry him.  (about 1/3 in the movie) :yesnod:

69bronzeT5

Holy crap, I cant believe this thread is still going! I started this thread back on my old moparsinbarns account.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Wheels of Terror

Ok, they are very cool!!! i have seen them all. i just didn't know the name of the "Forsaken' movie. I have seen it a few times, just never from the begining. you guys forgot one though...........  ;D
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger