News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What rubber parts go on the trunk lid.

Started by green69rt, February 23, 2016, 01:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

I was doing some finishing touches on the truck lid and was wondering if there are any bumpers, etc that attach.

First pic shows some holes,  I don't have any pictures of what may go there.

Second pic shows more holes.  Body plugs go in those holes, I think  :shruggy:

Anybody got any info?

70 sublime

Think there is a rubber bumper that goes on the outside of the 2 holes

Should the bottom hole just be left open so when you open the lid any water condensation drains out ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

green69rt

Quote from: 70 sublime on February 23, 2016, 01:17:05 PM
Think there is a rubber bumper that goes on the outside of the 2 holes

Should the bottom hole just be left open so when you open the lid any water condensation drains out ?

I bagged all the old parts I took off and one bag says "body plugs for the front of trunk lid"  and I tried them and they fit.  Just don't have a pic in my archives that show anything.

Anyone got a picture of the underside of the trunk lid??

DeltaV

I will post pics in a day or two, but here is what is on the underside of my XP29N0G trunk lid:

1) the small hole near the forward edge of the trunk lid has a body plug; driver's side and passenger's side.

2) the outer hole, of the two near the aft end of the trunk lid, has a bumper; driver's side and passenger's side.

3) each of the bumpers come in contact with a circular boss/pad when the trunk is closed.

4) the jacking instruction/caution label is on the right side of the trunk lid.

Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

green69rt

Quote from: DeltaV on February 23, 2016, 07:15:05 PM
I will post pics in a day or two, but here is what is on the underside of my XP29N0G trunk lid:

1) the small hole near the forward edge of the trunk lid has a body plug; driver's side and passenger's side.

2) the outer hole, of the two near the aft end of the trunk lid, has a bumper; driver's side and passenger's side.

3) each of the bumpers come in contact with a circular boss/pad when the trunk is closed.

4) the jacking instruction/caution label is on the right side of the trunk lid.

I'd appreciate the pic of the bumper.  I have several that would fit but need to know what's correct.  I just found the plug so that's a done deal.  Thanks again, I knew I could count on someone on this site!

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

green69rt

DeltaV

On a related note, I use this stuff to assemble/reassemble rubber and plastic parts:

http://www.napaonline.com/p/BK_7651351

Only a thin film needs to be used. A little bit goes a long ways.
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

green69rt

Quote from: DeltaV on February 24, 2016, 04:40:49 PM
On a related note, I use this stuff to assemble/reassemble rubber and plastic parts:

http://www.napaonline.com/p/BK_7651351

Only a thin film needs to be used. A little bit goes a long ways.

I actually have something similar to that in my garage.  I used it to lub the contact points between the brake shoes and backing plates on drum brakes.  Good up to 500 degF so braking temps don't degrade it as much.  Now I can try it on rubber parts,  thanks.