News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motor Oil Choice After Break In...

Started by csx4590, January 07, 2016, 05:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csx4590

This spring when I change the oil in my engine for the first time after break in, should I use any kind of special oil or just regular oil? Not the grade but the type ie synthetic, semi synthetic etc. Is it just personal preference? My 440 is just a run of the mill 440, not a magnum and not all souped up although I do have a few non stock items on it. Any ideas? Thanks...  

BLK 68 R/T

You will want to make sure it is ZDDP enhanced, just do an internet search on ZDDP enhanced oils and you will find plenty of information. Personally I prefer just regular oil and not synthetic.

b5blue

Brad Penn is popular, I get a case on eBay for what I was paying for VR-1.  :2thumbs:

ottawamerc

Ya the Brad Penn green oil has treated my 440-6 well so far.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

1974dodgecharger

cant go wrong with oil choices in general as long as you have the zinc thingy stuff...

I use the amsoil dominator oil 10-30 myself....

c00nhunterjoe

If its a flat tappet cam, my 1st choice is bradpenn, my 2nd choice is bradpenn, and my 3rd choice is bradpenn.

If its a roller cam, synthetic high zinc. I use lucas.

Stegs

my engine builder said to use brand penn....so thats what i use.

Dont know if there is anything better...but everytime i see a oil thread, brand penn seems to be a clear winner as far as votes