News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Some day it will be a green F6 Daytona clone

Started by 70 sublime, February 10, 2016, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Made the first trip around the yard on its own power  :2thumbs:

Car is just running off a gallon can of gas under the hood
Need to flush out the old gas tank before I hook it up (sounds 1/2 full of 25 year old gas and smells stale)

Now that it has some go it will be nice if it had some stop so will be working on the brakes and all the rubber bits in the front end next
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Well a few updates since my last post
Moving along very slowly unfortunately but still moving along
Have been using photo bucket makes pictures easier to post now  :2thumbs:
Stupid photo bucket now I am slowly going back and re doing my missing pictures

Some stuff on how I located the holes for my wing
Think it says 7/8 under the pen ( 5/8 + 1/4 ) was not trying to hide anything just where the pen was sitting when I took picture  ;)

So 3" from back edge of quarter panel + or - 1/4" and 2 1/8" from inside edge trunk hole opening

70 sublime

I put down some tape 3" up from the back of the quarter panel (not the end cap) and 2 1/8 from the side to start with
I made a template for both sides of the base of the wing
I set the wing on the car with all 3 sections bolted together with no studs installed in the bottom
Then I used a marker to trace the shape onto the car with the wing just touching the tape
Lifted the wing off and placed the templates on the car to see where to drill holes

Think the main space to check is to see how close the trunk lid comes to top of wing when opening it  :2thumbs:

70 sublime

Trunk floor had a couple soft spots in it so was just going to patch them
Got to thinking if I ever get the back window changed it will make it ten times harder to put a new floor in so I am changing the floor for a new one now that I have some room to work

70 sublime

So this is pretty much where I am at right now
The center floor is all out from behind the rear end hump
Left the trunk extensions as they are good
Have to weld in a small piece on each side of the car on the inner fender right at floor level
Clean up all the frame rails and set new 2 piece pan in and mark where I have to drill some holes to mig weld through

Since marking the holes for the wing I have recently rounded up a pair of fiberglass wing washers and a fiberglass trunk lid end cap ( never knew it had that much of a curve to it )

XS29L9B2

dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

70 sublime

Making a little head way
Had to weld a small piece on the bottom edge of the inner fender just right at trunk floor level
Box is full of the old trunk floor  ;)

70 sublime

Got another piece of the puzzle rounded up this weekend with the help of Baldwinvette77
He wanted a trunk lid I had and I wanted a hatch so I told him help me find a hatch and a week later I have one  :2thumbs:
He also said he will now give me grief for having GM parts on my car ( I have now seen his car and he already has GM parts on his so I think I am safe)

A couple weeks ago I also rounded up a set of fiberglass wing washers and a trunk lid cap

XS29L9B2

Baldwinvette77

70 sublime

XS29L9B2

BDF

70 sublime

Well so much for the photo bucket pictures
Will have to go back and figure out which ones they were

70 sublime

I have the new trunk floor welded in and almost all ground down
Just put some primer on it for now as I had to switch to a different project ( new rocker panels on wife's everyday car)

ACUDANUT

BDF

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 15, 2017, 10:45:12 AM
Please, Any other color than green.  :2thumbs:
Follow your heart, NOT the haters... :slap:  :icon_smile_big:

richRTSE

F6 is a good choice, I love that color... but I noticed the Q5 on your fender tag....I think that might be an even better choice...
:cheers:

70 sublime

Quote from: richRTSE on July 25, 2017, 04:58:09 PM
F6 is a good choice, I love that color... but I noticed the Q5 on your fender tag....I think that might be an even better choice...
:cheers:

Q5 has been in the back of my mind just because that is what this car started out with for colour
It might look sweet but I fear I would more happy with it if it was F6  :2thumbs:
Right now I am 25% Q5 and 75% F6 

gtx6970

I like the F6 green a lot.
But, if it were mine
Q5 would win that argument every time . the fact its originally that color only adds to it

alfaitalia

My car is far from original but if I liked the factory colour I probably would have stuck with that...just for a nod towards originality .....but white is not a colour for a restomod IMO?
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: gtx6970 on July 27, 2017, 07:54:28 AM
I like the F6 green a lot.
But, if it were mine
Q5 would win that argument every time . the fact its originally that color only adds to it

The OP can't go wrong with either choice, the Q5 is a sweet color though if one was leaning towards a "blue"

70 sublime

Yes Q5 is a tempting colour
So say I did build it Q5 I think I would still have a feeling something for me was missing
So then I would find another car and start again just to build it F6
So what happens if my starting car is a factory red car or factory black car ?
I would be right back not getting my green car built again  :brickwall:

Think I am going to stick with F6
If someday I come across a more interesting Charger and let this one go the new owner can make the choice to go Q5 if they want  :2thumbs:

charger chris

I am going Q5 with my Daytona clone. It a really cool color with white strip and whit interior.  The F6 is a really cool too. Thought about it too.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Q5XX29

Boy, you can't go wrong with either of those colors. They are by far my top two choices for a Daytona, although they look good in ANY color as far as I'm concerned.
dakota_gt on Instagram