News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wheel Vintiques Magnum 500 Wheel Size

Started by shawnmd, April 04, 2006, 04:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawnmd

I am ordering four new 15" chrome magnum 500 wheels from wheel vintiques.  I will probably go with 245's up front and 295 out back.  I think the backspace for the rear will be 4.5" with a 15x8 rim but what about the front?  Should I get a 15x7 or 15x8 and with what backspace?  I have searched but have found nothing on front backspacing.

MoparMotel

Im running 15x8 with 4 3/8 backspacing i believe. they fit perfect, have 15x7 on my other car and they look too small
1968 Dodge Charger

8WHEELER

This car has 245 60x15 with 15x7 magnums front
275 60x15 with 15x8 magnums rear from Specialty Wheels.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

shawnmd

8wheeler, what is the offset of your front and rears rims. ?

8WHEELER

deputycrawford

I run 15x8 Torque Thrusts in the front with 4 1/4 inch backspacing and 245/60- 15 tires. My rears are also 15x8 but 4 1/2 inch backspacing and 275/60- 15 drag radials in the rear. My drag radials lasted three seasons with plenty of race time and two long trips on the highway in the rain when I pulled my 4.10 pig out and put in my 3.23. Go 8 inch all the way around and put some meat on the ground. My two cents.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

daytonalo

I KNOW ITS PUSHING IT BUT CAN  I INSTALL 275-60-15 ON A 15-7 WITHOUT A PROBLEM WITH SIDEWALL ?

blackcrowe

sorry to hijack..what kind of price will all 4 run to?

also has any one bought from the wheel man on moparts?

deputycrawford

Datonalo, You will have no problem with the 15x7 and the 275/60-15. It is done all the time. remember, 15x8 will fit all around with 4 1/4 backspacing in the front and 4 1/5  backspacing in the rear.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

daytonalo

THANK YOU , SO YOU ARE SAYING THAT THE 15-7 ARE TOO SMALL  , AS FAR AS APPEARANCE. LARRY

deputycrawford

Well, I'm not saying 15x7 is too small. Im just saying that 15x8 works and will be just alittle different than what many others use. Plus, you want the tread width of the tire to be as close to the rim width as possible to get the best tread foot print. 245/60-15 is an 8 inch wide tread pattern. Optimum rim width should be 8 inch. Besides, 245 just look too damn cool on the front of the car. It really looks like the car is capable of better handling. You will never regret going with 8 inch wide rims. My 4 1/4 backspacing rubs once in a great while, so 4 1/2 should be perfect. Go big and never look back.

daytonalo

THATS COOL , BUT 15-8 ARE A LITTLE TOO WIDE FOR MY TASTE , IN THE B.F GOODRICH CATALOG THE MAX TIRE SIZE ON A 15-7 IS A 255-60 , I THINK A 275 WILL DISTORT THE TIRE . WHAT DO YOU THINK .

deputycrawford

Check with the tire manufacturer to see if you can run 275s on 7 inch wide. It has been done many times but isn't recomended.

8WHEELER

Like I said, I run 245x60s on my 7in rims in front, you can run a 275 on a 8in rim on the rear without any problems, we
are all doing it with no issues.

Dan

daytonalo

I'M NOT ARGUING WITH YOU , I THINK IT WILL BE FINE AS WELL ITS JUST A LITTLE BIT OF A STRETCH

deputycrawford

Oh, no no.  I never thought you were arguing. You can run 245 and 275 on 7 inch wide rims. It is done all the time. I figure you had the 7 inch wide rims or could get them at a greatly reduced price and was just asking questions. Sometime we learn more if someone keeps asking more detailed questions. I never knew the ford crown vic wheels and the 5th ave wheels were 15x7 and would work for my dog dish look until I read the posts here. No prob on the questions.

daytonalo

I BOUGHT A  NEW SET OF 15-7 MAGNUMS FOR MY HEMI DAYTONA CLONE , I LIKE THE STEAM ROLLER LOOK . I SEE THESE CARS WITH SKINNY TIRES AND I WANT TO THROW UP , DON'T GET ME WRONG I LIKE MY CAR LEVEL NOT JACKED UP LIKE SOME ---------RIG !. LARRY