News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ARE THERE ANY "POLICE PACKAGE" SUPERBIRDS OR ANY WITH SUSPENSION UPGRADES?

Started by Mopar John, March 05, 2016, 11:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar John

Recently there was an article in Mopar Collectors Guide about a special ordered "POLICE PACKAGE" 1970 Dodge Dart!
I began to wonder if anyone had special ordered a "POLICE PACKAGE" Superbird?
I remember seeing at least one Superbird that was used a police car!
I would like to see if there are any broadcast sheets out there with optional shocks, brakes, torsion bars, etc?
MJ

A383Wing

seeing as they all came with 440's or Hemi's....I thought they all had HD suspension and brakes

Ghoste

Mopar John

I have removed the "HD" from my title and text because it's confusing.

If you get a dealer 1970 parts book there are optional suspension parts above and beyond the standard HD Superbird parts.
One example is the parts used on Police cars. Another would be parts used on Taxi cabs.
Since at least one Superbird was used as a Police car I thought it may have those parts used on it?
Some one who was going to use their Superbird to pull a trailer may have wanted stiffer springs or shocks also?
I just wanted to see if any broadcast sheets show that optional info?
MJ

Arnie Cunningham

Was there a fuel tank skid plate/extra thick metal may have been part of the Police package.  I have never seen one but it would be an easy way to confirm.  Or was that a C body thing?

This is neat.  http://jalopnik.com/seattle-police-roll-in-this-restored-1970-plymouth-sate-481416207

I would drive a restored 1970 Satellite Taxi if I could find one.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.