News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Garage Squad 69 Charger

Started by bakerhillpins, September 02, 2016, 02:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Ok, I looked and I searched and I didn't see this posted anywhere... I'm sure I am late to the party.. LOL

Channel surfing before I crashed Wednesday evening I by accident flashed across the show called Garage Squad. It was new episode night and they were doing over a one owner 69.

If this car was carrying all of it's OEM goodies it's a pretty interesting to say the least. What caught my eye:

3x Black
383 2bbl
AC
C5X interior (cloth inserts). Have only see like 3 of these cars myself.
Wood grain Steering wheel.
Tic Tock Tach
Passenger mirror
Power Drum
Ralley wheels
Early build car with the short bumperettes, IIRC.  If that's the case then they added headrests too.

They added front disc brakes, but apparently didn't change out the Drum master/booster/ or the plumbing (guessing that is true).
Also changed out a beautiful set of ralleys for the Steelies with dogs. I like the steelies but they should have kept the ralleys.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TheAutoArchaeologist

It was at the Spring Mopar Show here in the spring.  Very nice owner, it was the first car show he had ever been to with the car.  I told the guy about the wrong master cylinder.  He said they had a few things to follow up on it.

Alaskan_TA

QuoteEarly build car with the short bumperettes, IIRC.  If that's the case then they added headrests too.

Headrests were optional until they became mandatory.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 02, 2016, 02:48:41 PM
QuoteEarly build car with the short bumperettes, IIRC.  If that's the case then they added headrests too.

Headrests were optional until they became mandatory.

Yep. Point I guess I was trying to make is that the box was checked if it really was a 68 build car and in my experience that wasn't an all too common option in 68, thus not too common during early build/orders on the 69 line.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.