News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2016 Winged Warrior/Nboa and DSAC Meet

Started by Mopurr, March 03, 2016, 10:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

Dates Sept 20-25.

Bill and I are hosting the meet this year.  It is in Springfield IL in conjunction with the International RT 66 Festival.

The Festival Car show is Sept 23-25.  Sunday is a wind down day for it, so if you need to head home, no problem.  The Big day is Saturday and the big Cruise on Friday night.  They usually have over 1000 cars attend each year.  It is in Downtown Springfield Centering around the Old State Capital building.  http://www.familyevents.com/international-route-66-mother-road-festival
This is the link for the car show registration.  Pre-registration is $40 and we get a $5 discount.  They do include a t-shirt with the pre-registration.  The pre-registration deadline is Sept 16.  After that on Site registration is $55.  Include Superbird Club on your registration form for the discount.

The hotel that we have a room block is The Carpenter Street Hotel. It is similar to a Comfort Inn or Hampton Inn style.  It is 2 blocks from the Lincoln Museum and about 5 Blocks from the Car show area and  Several downtown restaurants   If you plan to attend please make your reservations now, so that the block can be expanded if needed. 

The Carpenter Street Hotel
525 North 6th Street
Springfield IL 62702

Phone 217-789-9100 Toll Free 800-779-9200

Website  http://www.carpenterstreethotel.com/

2 Blocks from the Lincoln Museum http://www.illinoisroute66.org/Events/Details/ArticleID/4394/15th-Annual-International-Mother-Road-Festival

5 Blocks from Downtown restaurant area.   Old State Capital and the Car show Area.

There is trailer parking available.

$ 94.00 Double Queen or King Rooms.

Block is listed under Winged Warriors/DSAC

All Rooms have refrigerators and Microwaves

Full Hot Breakfast included.   Waffles, Eggs, Biscuits & Gravy for Example.

Room Block ends August 12.

Please book rooms asap, If we fill the block we can add additional rooms if available.

Tues. the 20th is arrival day and I will have something planned to go to mid afternoon for those that have arrived.  Will also find somewhere for dinner and there is Knights Action Park that has miniature golf, a driving range and go carts.

Wed-Friday will be exploration of RT 66 and Lincoln Sites.  For those that came to the meets that I hosted in 2005-2006 we are going to be going to RT 66 sites north of what we did at those meets.   We will be going to New Salem State Park that has a village of when Lincoln lived there.  I am going to plan for the Lincoln museum again.  It has been 10 years since we were there and they have things there that change at least a couple times a year.  I will announce the detailed schedule closer to summer.

Also Sue George has notified me to offer an invitation to The Dodge Charger Registry Members that are interested in joining us at the meet.  This is the 50th Anniversary year of the Charger.  I have sent a message to Wayne and have not heard back from him yet, so do not know if he is planning a meet this year. 

Message me if you have any questions or want to contact me by email etc.

Hope to see you all there.

Mopurr

Could I please have a sticky tack on this?

pettybird

No one committing?  Yikes! 

We'll be there barring some odd circumstances

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on March 11, 2016, 04:41:29 PM
No one committing?  Yikes! 

We'll be there barring some odd circumstances
me too
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

thehemikid

Speaking of odd circumstances,...I still have a plate full!  The last reunion was a "Bucket list" thingy for me.  Was an extremely hard decision and task for me to get done, ...but knew I needed to, and glade I did.  MCG & HRM pics added an unexpected small trophy to it.  Also, thanks Doug for the other invite ;).

I will continue looking at this Springfield event and see is if it out weighs my plate.  Being only 4 hrs away helps. :coolgleamA:

1970Moparmann

Planning on coming!  Route 66 is a great show to begin with.  Can only imagine with a bunch of wing cars!!! :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

70Sbird

Scott Faulkner

rnjump

1970Moparmann

thehemikid

bannedbird

I will try to get my bird there. Motor swap currently in progress. and trans. and rear end, and brakes...
I expect I will be there with the car - should be on the road again before September.  And I need an excuse to cruise Eldorado in Decatur again - lol!

Superbird Steve (1980's DSAC/NBOA member)
Chicago area.
- Superbird Steve - Chicago
1970 A13 E86 D32 B5 H2XW w/GIII, ITB, 6L85

70Sbird

FYI: I Just booked my room at the Carpenter Inn,  but the lady at the hotel told me that they are now sold out for Friday night if anyone has not booked yet you may need to look into other places.

Scott Faulkner

moparstuart

Quote from: 70Sbird on May 31, 2016, 12:52:17 PM
FYI: I Just booked my room at the Carpenter Inn,  but the lady at the hotel told me that they are now sold out for Friday night if anyone has not booked yet you may need to look into other places.
so i have to sleep on your floor

Mopurr

I will call and check in with them to verify tomorrow

Stuart did you not book yet?.... Message me on Facebook

Dave Kanofsky

D'oh!  I haven't booked yet either...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Mopurr

I just talked to Beth at the hotel and she said there are rooms all nights.  They have a couple new people so that may be why Scott was told that by mistake.

I recommend getting your reservation in so there are no problems for you

talkiemopar

Mopurr

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on June 01, 2016, 01:42:13 PM
I,M  IN---RICK. :cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :rofl:
:2thumbs:  awesome cant believe im saying this but i miss hearing and seeing you buddy

Dave Kanofsky

I just booked a room with no problem using the block.  I talked to Beth as well.
:2thumbs: :cheers:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Mopurr

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Dave glad the booking is going smoothly now

Mopurr

Only a few rooms left in the block at the hotel

rnjump

I just booked a room for Friday and Saturday night. They first said sold out even in the block rooms. When I asked them to double check under Winged Warriors they said they did have a few King size beds left.

Mopurr

Mopurr

Room block ends tonight.

Need a room contact me

Mopurr

Received my family events registration confirmation letter email today.

The festival Facebook page also announced the bands and schedule today

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 06, 2016, 01:52:17 PM
I just booked a room with no problem using the block.  I talked to Beth as well.
:2thumbs: :cheers:

I just unbooked my room.
Family health problems forcing me to stay home.   :'(

Have a great time!

41husk

afraid there is no way my C500 will be ready :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopurr

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on September 09, 2016, 09:10:48 AM

Family health problems forcing me to stay home.   :'(

Sorry to hear this Dave.   Hope things get better fast!

1970Moparmann

Quote from: Mopurr on September 13, 2016, 01:41:42 AM
Allen come in one of your other cars

Absolutely!    I know of a few Chargers that are going.

41husk

I wish I still had another Charger.  I am only a little over an hour away.  If the weather is nice I may drive the Challenger or the Duster up.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 13, 2016, 08:27:00 AM
I wish I still had another Charger.  I am only a little over an hour away.  If the weather is nice I may drive the Challenger or the Duster up.

leave the keys out under the door mat for the weekend housing 

Mopurr

A last reminder.  Pre registration deadline is Friday Sept. 16.   $40 but with club discount of $5.  $35 List as Superbird club for the discount.

Registration at the event is $55

41husk

You will be at the Mopad across the street or my house.  I rented the back house.  What time are you getting in?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 15, 2016, 11:36:49 AM
You will be at the Mopad across the street or my house.  I rented the back house.  What time are you getting in?
not sure if coming in saturday early of friday night will call you next week

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

pettybird

We're in South Bend on the turnpike headed over--should be there by late dinner?

70Sbird

I have a work commitment until Thursday and will be in Thursday sometime, or at the latest Friday morning  :RantExplode:
is there an updated schedule of what is going on Thursday and Friday?

Scott Faulkner

pettybird

Quote from: 70Sbird on September 20, 2016, 02:00:15 PM
I have a work commitment until Thursday and will be in Thursday sometime, or at the latest Friday morning  :RantExplode:
is there an updated schedule of what is going on Thursday and Friday?

Wing cars on torq thrusts support group meeting tomorrow morning

70EK2Bird

Heading down in the morning.  Should be there by lunch and ready to go.   :cheers:

pettybird

We need a white bird!  We bring the hard color and we're still one short of the full set!

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: pettybird on September 21, 2016, 05:56:31 PM
We need a white bird!  We bring the hard color and we're still one short of the full set!

And yet I always heard that you were one taco short of a platter :-)

pettybird

Hey Chicagoland and St Louis...where the hell are you? 

1970Moparmann

Two Chargers will be on our way down in about an hour.   Stopping off at some sites on the way down.   See you tonight!

Talkiemoparjr

:shruggy:
Hey its been almost a month where are some pics!

Talkiemoparjr

Ok here are some more.

1970Moparmann

1970Moparmann

Talkiemoparjr

:popcrn:

Mopurr

I have a request of all those that took photos....

I was so busy keeping the schedule going etc. that Bill and I took very few photos.

So I was hoping that some of you are willing to share several of your favorites from yours with me.

I would like to put a photo book together of the event.

please email me a good size quality of photo for each one that you will share and give me permission to use.

Thanks so much

Sherri

mopurr_69
at
yahoo

Correct please to a regular email address to be useful