News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thompson-Royal Dodge Daytona pic

Started by PettyMower, March 06, 2016, 06:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 07, 2016, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: Redbird on March 06, 2016, 10:34:46 PM
I love the pictures of whitewalls.

In the day, it seemed as if almost every ordinary car had whitewalls. Even some people with muscle cars, like the person I bought that Superbird from, liked whitewalls too.

Back in the day, for me at least, I hated white walls, but they were cheap, and yeah I'd have the white walls mounted on the inside, and flat black spray paint them so nobody saw them, and yes the white tire marker pen saw lots of duty  :icon_smile_big: , tires where a short lived commodity as they could be wasted in one night of smoke shows/burn outs, real RWL tires were expensive, even if they were just belted...used tire shops were all the rage back then, today I don't think I've ever seen one still in business, probably due to the liability issues?

Mike

Here in NC. there is quite a few used tire shops around and there are a lot of "new" cars in them.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser