News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Diecast for you Charger 500 Fans

Started by Aero426, March 24, 2016, 02:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Aero426

I was excited until I saw the passenger side.   The R/T stripe is correct for Baker's early season races.  But the direction of the #3 is all wrong.   Not sure why they did not use the correct wheels like they did on their Ford models.   

Aero426

What it should look like...

RallyeMike

Something is off - it doesn't look right.... wheelbase?
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

C500

Quote from: Aero426 on March 24, 2016, 02:40:19 PM
I was excited until I saw the passenger side.   The R/T stripe is correct for Baker's early season races.  But the direction of the #3 is all wrong.   Not sure why they did not use the correct wheels like they did on their Ford models.   

I was looking at getting one of these last week. They have them available signed on the windshield by Buddy. Haven't decided if I will get a signed one or not, there are quite a bit more $$

The '3' font on the door looks different to the one you posted at the track when you look at the pic of the car with Buddy sitting in it on their website. Did this 500 wear 2 slightly different styles of the '3'?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

500Jon

Very nice indeed! I like this one a little more though.

Just waiting for a No.1 in blue, then all will be good in the World!!! :pity:
IF A JOB's WORTH DOING, ITS WORTH DOING WELL, RIP DAD.
4-SPEED, 1969 Charger-500 is the most Coolio car in the World!

CornDogsCharger

I love this picture.  Look how flared the wheel openings are... but better yet, look how WIDE the top of the quarter is.  It looks like they put a wide body kit on it.

Justin
"CornDog"

1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

RallyeMike

I generally agree, but I believe the aspect ratio on that photo has been messed with. Here it is reducing the vertical to 85% and leaving horizontal at 100% - a little more realistically proportioned:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

CornDogsCharger

Yeah.  In the picture that I posted he looks like a short stocky man.  Your picture looks more realistic... as far as proportion size.  But the top of the quarter (at the base of the sail panel) still looks wider than a standard Charger quarter panel.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

odcics2

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

C500

Quote from: 500Jon on March 27, 2016, 01:32:08 PM
Very nice indeed! I like this one a little more though.

Just waiting for a No.1 in blue, then all will be good in the World!!! :pity:

The red and gold Bobby Allison 500 is a neat model, I have one here in my cabinet.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

C500

Another 500 added to the University of Racing fleet, K & K Insurance 1:24

Aero426

As incorrect as it is, they might as well just spell it "Bobby Isaacs" on the roof to make the package complete.  :smilielol:

kiwitrev

Simple explanation they made one " compromise" 3 Decal they could use on both sides
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

Aero426

Quote from: kiwitrev on July 24, 2016, 04:28:15 PM
Simple explanation they made one " compromise" 3 Decal they could use on both sides

At $100, you want something correct.   

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: RallyeMike on March 31, 2016, 02:01:32 PM
I generally agree, but I believe the aspect ratio on that photo has been messed with. Here it is reducing the vertical to 85% and leaving horizontal at 100% - a little more realistically proportioned:

With the outer wheelhouse separated from the quarter I don't think it would be to hard to shape the quarter like that. IF I get my 68 done I will have the quarters like that.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

wingman(22)

Blue and gold should be out soon. Booby and I did an agreement with a company last year. It was to already be out but late.

500Jon

Did they really run at 200+mph with them extra-long rear shackles and FLAT springs??? :scratchchin: (as per B.Bakers no.3)

It looks sooo bad compared with modern chassis and suspensions...rear sliders etc....

odcics2

Quote from: 500Jon on July 31, 2016, 06:12:35 AM
Did they really run at 200+mph with them extra-long rear shackles and FLAT springs??? :scratchchin: (as per B.Bakers no.3)

It looks sooo bad compared with modern chassis and suspensions...rear sliders etc....

The 200.447 lap was achieved with flat springs and very short rear shackles.   

Short shackles and flat springs are best for lateral stability.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

C500

another added

Aero426

I'd like one of those Allison cars.   The blue and gold is cool.

500Jon

Stunning Car!

Nice one Ricky BOBBY!!! :drool5:

C500

Quote from: Aero426 on October 03, 2016, 08:43:25 AM

Did you get one Doug... and are you happy with it.... autographed....??

Aero426

Quote from: C500 on October 27, 2016, 06:22:58 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on October 03, 2016, 08:43:25 AM

Did you get one Doug... and are you happy with it.... autographed....??

No, I did not.  I would be happy with an unautographed one.  But at close to $100 it is still too much money considering the casting and wrong wheel blanks.