News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Toasty Bird Seen in St louis

Started by moparstuart, March 27, 2016, 01:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RCCDrew

It's cool that he showed it like that. It gained some internet notoriety because of it being a burned Bird. Definitely more memorable like this. It should definitely be fixed at some point though.

Old Moparz

The wing is pretty warped, I bet there is a lot more wrong than meets the eye.

Somewhere a '70 Satellite is losing it's tags.  :Twocents:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Charger_Fan

Quote from: UFO on March 27, 2016, 10:39:30 PM
Makes me think of the burnt car in "planes, trains and automobiles" .
I was thinking "Christine", after the fire at the gas station. :icon_smile_cool:

I can't believe it runs either!

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

fy469rtse

I was thinking Joe Dirt's uncle  :lol:

1969 R/T SE

just how I like my bird, extra crispy  :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

DAY CLONA

Quote from: Old Moparz on March 28, 2016, 02:58:02 PM

Somewhere a '70 Satellite is losing it's tags.  :Twocents:

You gotta do what you gotta do...to save a car, that 70 orange survivor Satty for $27K would be an ideal candidate

held1823

You gotta do what you gotta do...to save a car, that 70 orange survivor Satty for $27K would be an ideal candidate

kill one, to save another's vin ? sigh.....
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

ws23rt

Quote from: held1823 on April 20, 2016, 05:31:21 PM
Quote from: DAY CLONA on April 20, 2016, 08:29:01 AM
Quote from: Old Moparz on March 28, 2016, 02:58:02 PM

Somewhere a '70 Satellite is losing it's tags.  :Twocents:

kill one, to save another's vin ? sigh.....

I agree with your -sigh-

Using parts from dead cars is one thing but using that cars identity is crossing a fuzzy line.

In the end we can make cool cars as a part of the hobby. When one goes to the extra trouble to transfer an old cars identification to a new one something real is lost as opposed to something gained.

The most common and most asked question is "what's it worth".  This indicates (and speaks about) how important value is and we all know that a car with all of the pedigree has value going away from clone cars.

This is a hobby but it also is a market. Some come into it with conflicting ideas about their bottom line for the future of the car they are working on.

I get the --I want it to be just like they were--thinking.  However going the last mile with DNA from another car goes a bit beyond anal. One just has to not speak about it for it to become a rippoff for someone down the line of next owners. :Twocents:

RCCDrew

Is that bird really beyond repair?? I've seen way worse. Look at the plum crazy 71 hemi Cuda convert!

DAY CLONA

Quote from: RCCDrew on April 26, 2016, 07:14:54 AM
Is that bird really beyond repair?? I've seen way worse. Look at the plum crazy 71 hemi Cuda convert!

That Cuda is a rebody regardless of it's claims, and that's about the only way to economically "save" that Bird too

XS29J

All the parts needed for that bird are bird specific anyway, I am sure the inner structure was shielded from the heat, You would just have to replace roof and Quarters and find fenders hood and nose....   I certainly would not start LABELING that car as a re body SUSPECT!