News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Still no spark

Started by Barfyspitz, April 02, 2016, 05:30:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XH29N0G

What Ron and everyone else said.   :2thumbs:  Now its time to have fun.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

firefighter3931

Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 26, 2016, 03:33:12 PM
Thanks man. There was a lot of times I wondered if I would lol I'm gonna change the oil tonight.  Bought some valvoline vr1 20w50 racing lil. . Oreillys recommended it due to my flat tapper cam and the zinc. Would that be better than regular 10w40 valvoline for my 509 purpleshAft?  It's a low mileage motor with 11:1 compression. Has 75psi oil pressure when cold. Drops off when warm

You're welcome....we all wanted to see this issue resolved for you ! Lots of good advice for troubleshooting in this thread. Nice group effort !  :2thumbs:

The VR1 racing oil is what you want to use. It has lots of zinc/phosphorus for flat tappet cam protection.  :yesnod:

Mine has 75psi cold and settles in at 50psi hot idle. Oil pressure is a good thing  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Barfyspitz

Quote from: poppa on May 26, 2016, 03:43:02 PM
[quote   I might take it for spin tonight! Thanks again you guys

You better! I'll take mine for a ride tonight too. Just to celebrate with you.  ;)  ;)
[/quote]
  You've got yourself a deal poppa!

Barfyspitz

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 26, 2016, 05:10:22 PM
Quote from: Barfyspitz on May 26, 2016, 03:33:12 PM
Thanks man. There was a lot of times I wondered if I would lol I'm gonna change the oil tonight.  Bought some valvoline vr1 20w50 racing lil. . Oreillys recommended it due to my flat tapper cam and the zinc. Would that be better than regular 10w40 valvoline for my 509 purpleshAft?  It's a low mileage motor with 11:1 compression. Has 75psi oil pressure when cold. Drops off when warm

You're welcome....we all wanted to see this issue resolved for you ! Lots of good advice for troubleshooting in this thread. Nice group effort !  :2thumbs:

The VR1 racing oil is what you want to use. It has lots of zinc/phosphorus for flat tappet cam protection.  :yesnod:

Mine has 75psi cold and settles in at 50psi hot idle. Oil pressure is a good thing  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
Cool man!  I'll put it in.   And it was a great team effort full of great advice and members

69wannabe

I never did chime in since all the post I read were pretty much some of what I would have suggested. I could see you were in good hands!!! I have gotten in the habit of keeping an extra orange box in the drawer in my tool box lately. Had one go out just sitting in the yard one day, It just wouldn't start and I checked for fire at the plugs and there was nothing so I stuck a used coil on it since I have a few of those laying around and still nothing so swapped out the orange box and it started right up!! I know that's not the best way to figure out what wrong but I knew it wasn't firing and the resistor was good so I went to swapping out parts!! lol  If I am going on a pretty good drive I usually toss an extra resistor and an orange box in the glove compartment just in case. Glad to hear you got it running!!! Enjoy your charger!!  :icon_smile_big:

ACUDANUT

In a nutshell, it was a bad ECU box correct ?

Barfyspitz

Yes it was. After replacing with a new ECU,I promptly rewired the coil  incorrectly and probably fried the new one thus confusing the situation LOL