News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buying project xx29l9b386542

Started by taxspeaker, April 09, 2016, 03:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwitrev

not everyone knows how to use ebay or is comfortable with it and it is by no means the best way to get the highest price on a collector car I have not bought or sold a car on ebay over $50000 but have bought and sold several as the result of an ebay listing. advertising and talking to potential buyers on a car like this is a way to find a willing buyer  at a price that he will be a willing seller. and the willing buyer may not have heard about the car yet. I for one didn't hear about it till a month after the first add and if that had been ebay I probably would not have had the chance to consider it
Quote from: bigdsul on May 12, 2016, 02:51:57 PM
So if the sellers intention was having the car bid on by multiple people why not post the car on ebay which is an auction site which is what this seller is doing with the car.
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville
TR4
lotus super 7
GTD40
32 roadster and coupe
62 nova57 chev 210 hard top

bigdsul

The seller had every intention of getting people to make bids on the car and to take the highest bidders offer. So he could have very well put the car up in an auction or auction site. There's a dozen nation wide auction sites that would have been more than eager to get the car on their auction page. The traffic generated just by having the car on their website would have been worth the effort to get it listed.

I would imagine that the same would be true for a brick and mortar auctioneer house.

If the seller does have the intention of selling the car he surely is going about it a very asinine way.

hemi68charger

Quote from: bigdsul on May 12, 2016, 06:59:52 PM
...If the seller does have the intention of selling the car he surely is going about it a very asinine way.

If he sells it, get what's he's looking for or more, than nothing absurd about it... it worked for him.......

This will be a case of "patience is a virtue"... Take a look, make an offer and wait..... The hard part mentally is the wait........  Whomever the buyer is, there will be two happy people..... The rest of us will just go "Damn"...... Either Damn, I don't like the way this is play out ( usually from an outsiders point of view ), or Damn, I wasn't the high guy...... ( or gal... Don't wanna be sexist ).......

OK... back to your regularly scheduled programming.......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ws23rt

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 12, 2016, 08:59:22 PM
Quote from: bigdsul on May 12, 2016, 06:59:52 PM
...If the seller does have the intention of selling the car he surely is going about it a very asinine way.

If he sells it, get what's he's looking for or more, than nothing absurd about it... it worked for him.......

This will be a case of "patience is a virtue"... Take a look, make an offer and wait..... The hard part mentally is the wait........  Whomever the buyer is, there will be two happy people..... The rest of us will just go "Damn"...... Either Damn, I don't like the way this is play out ( usually from an outsiders point of view ), or Damn, I wasn't the high guy...... ( or gal... Don't wanna be sexist ).......

OK... back to your regularly scheduled programming.......

:2thumbs: Thanks for that.   Those that are really hunting for a car can be traumatized by all this----or not---- :nana:- It's all a part of the hunt. :shruggy:

hemi68charger

Quote from: ws23rt on May 12, 2016, 09:52:00 PM

:2thumbs: Thanks for that.   Those that are really hunting for a car can be traumatized by all this----or not---- :nana:- It's all a part of the hunt. :shruggy:

Heck, I get more frustrated at the owner that lets a car just sit outside rotting with NO intentions on selling....... Just rots away.............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

Like this,one of 39 Hemi two doors.

41husk

If you deal in cars you are going to have a disappointment or two.  Just this week I was talking to a friend on the phone who has some cars.  He had bought a 04 dodge ram 1500 from a bank as a repo.  He said he had $1300 in it and it was his car wash lot for $2800.  He said a guy that worked for him and new what he had in it had been begging him to make him a better deal.  He agreed on $1500 and the guy came back and said he didn't have the money and would he take payments.  I told him I would give $1800 if it was still for sale.  He told me to come get it the next day drive it over night if I like it give him the money.  I agreed.  I got to his lot and he was not there, his employ said "sorry I sold your truck"  I asked what he got.  he said the full $2800.  I would not have done business like that but I am not mad.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Hemi Runner

I think I would have held my hand out and said "since it was 'my truck', I'll take 'my' $1000.00 profit"  :icon_smile_big:

41husk

this is a friend.  I would not have done him like that but thats how some deals go.  gotta move on :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

taxspeaker

Interesting after a month and a half of several real offers from serious buyers and still not sold. I am out of the deal and no longer believe it is really for sale. Good luck if you get it.

birdsandbees

I said it before Bob, he's getting a market evaluation for the family so they know how to split assets... nothing more!
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moonlithaven

Quote from: birdsandbees on May 17, 2016, 04:56:52 PM
I said it before Bob, he's getting a market evaluation for the family so they know how to split assets... nothing more!
Yes You are right! I don't ever think he had any intention of ever selling the car. It all fits. He didn't even know how much to ask for it when this all first started! He was just getting an idea of how much the market would dictate it was worth. We have all been had! :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:
T-5 Copper Daytona

moonlithaven

There he goes again! Now he asking $80,000 for the non matching numbers, in need of a complete restoration top to bottom, Daytona!. Oh, that is this week I mean! I hope every one interested stops making any contact what-so-ever with this seller! His greed should cost him making the sale of this car!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
T-5 Copper Daytona

taxspeaker

6bblgt

a couple people should get in a bidding war over it  - then decline  :slap:

out there

He thinks he hit the lottery. I do hope this game bites him in the a$$ and the last few guys walk. Wouldn't think it's a very large group at this point

tan top

Quote from: moonlithaven on May 21, 2016, 05:18:44 PM
There he goes again! Now he asking $80,000 for the non matching numbers, in need of a complete restoration top to bottom, Daytona!. Oh, that is this week I mean! I hope every one interested stops making any contact what-so-ever with this seller! His greed should cost him making the sale of this car!  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

:o
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Hemi Runner

Homerr

I wonder when he'll start threatening to crush it.

taxspeaker

I've got to say what started as a simple question has become my daily entertainment!

XS29J

Quote from: XS29J on May 06, 2016, 09:22:22 AM
Quote from: XS29J on May 04, 2016, 08:07:41 AM
And Next Week!!!

We are getting Closer!!!  The Tan TURD!

Jeezzzz  it even beat my own projection......

held1823

if someone will email the 50 photo package, i will gladly add them here
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

DAY CLONA

I've seen others shell out this amount for less of a Daytona, there is a buyer, but he's just trawling the water waiting for him/her, unfortunately he'll be sitting on it longer than he thinks

XS29L9B2

it s a joke this guy don t have this car it s crazy man
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

kiwitrev

it wouldn't be the first time a Daytona has been on the market over a year in the hands of a long term owner waiting for deep pockets. actually even I had a car I owned 26 years that was seriously for sale for the last three. this owner is not a car guy but I believe he did know what it was worth when he started based on the level of security around the car he has done everything he can to make it really hard to steal if the word got out as to its location. and the site he listed it on always has a couple in the $200k plus range. if this car were on ebay I would have no problem bidding above the current price but in this format a blind auction with no end date and no independent person verifying the bids.... :popcrn:
if it was easy anyone could do it

joining the list my cars group
69 Daytona
70 superbird
66 charger
60 corvette
63 corvette split window
tesla S
96 bronco
10 aston DBS
64 DB5
59 custom cpe deville