News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Master cylinder questions (original versus replacement parts)

Started by nge, May 02, 2016, 02:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nge

I am replacing my the original master cylinder in my 1973 Charger. The car came with front disk brakes and drum brakes in the rear.
My problem is  that I have bought 3 replacements one form Cardone, One from NAPA and one from Raybestos.
each have three (3) holes in the floor of the front and back reservoirs.  The 3 new replacements only have 2 holes. (still one brake line connection in the front half and one for the back half, the extra holes are internal_
The old one has the rounded (half circle) reservoir in the front.  The 3 new ones have a square front reservoir with rounded side on the back of the rear reservoir.
Does anyone know what difference between 2 or 3 ports signifies?
Is this just the way it is in the replacement part world?

ht4spd307

do you still have the original if so bite the bullet and get the original one stainless steel sleeved and you'll never need another :2thumbs: all the rest is Chinese crap

Mopar Nut

Quote from: ht4spd307 on May 03, 2016, 10:08:44 AM
do you still have the original if so bite the bullet and get the original one stainless steel sleeved and you'll never need another :2thumbs: all the rest is Chinese crap

:iagree:
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."