News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona Hood Safety Latch & Hood Pop Up Spring?

Started by 43fan, April 20, 2016, 12:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

43fan

I have a buddy that just purchased a Daytona and is going to restore it this fall. Does anyone have a pic of the correct hood safety latch and (if it even had) a pop up hood spring? The safety latch on the car now doesn't have a "paddle" on the latch. So,  when you reach in to pull the latch, you have to hook it with your finger and pull it forward to release. Normally, you would slip your hand in, palm up, and lift up slightly to release. I've seen both types on different Daytonas. Which is correct? Also, did they use the "pop up" spring mounted to the tray like the Superbirds? Thanks. 

maxwellwedge

Sounds like the correct (pain in the butt) hood latch

hemi68charger

Quote from: 43fan on April 20, 2016, 12:03:37 PM
.. Also, did they use the "pop up" spring mounted to the tray like the Superbirds? Thanks.  

No, no spring.... Superbird development had its lesson's learned from the Daytona, one needs a spring. But, you'll have to use one's finger tips....
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

43fan

Thanks guys appreciate (ugh) the info! I have a bird, so I'm the lucky one in this situation!!

DoubleDlover

really??? the superbird doesn't have the pop up spring?. Then why am I waisting my time looking for those stupid little wire clamps that hold down the pop up springs on all the other birds ive ever seen??  :brickwall:

Wingnut426

Hey Double Dork, read the thread again.  No spring for Daytonas, YES for Superbird!
HEMI Daytona Convertible

69DAYTONASE

No paddle on latch for daytona & no spring for daytona. ;D
"My other car is a farm tractor"