News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Here's a good question

Started by charger chris, April 24, 2016, 04:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger chris

Is the 70 steering column with a( auto on floor) council the same as 71-74? :popcrn: :scratchchin:
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

charger chris

i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Alaskan_TA

All 1970 steering columns are a one year only deal.

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Chad L. Magee

While I love the 1970 model Chargers, that issue is the main problem with them.  Many of the parts (front sheet metal, bumper, steering columns, etc.) are a one year only item and not all of those parts are reproduced yet (or will be).  That translates to expensive to buy when you need them for your car.... :icon_smile_blackeye:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on April 25, 2016, 08:44:16 AM
While I love the 1970 model Chargers, that issue is the main problem with them.  Many of the parts (front sheet metal, bumper, steering columns, etc.) are a one year only item and not all of those parts are reproduced yet (or will be).  That translates to expensive to buy when you need them for your car.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

I couldnt have said it any better didnt really realize this when i bought my 70. Knowing now what i didnt know then i prob would have searched out a 68-9 instead. But oh well i like all 3 years. LUckily all the 70 parts were still there on mine. Had to give up on finding a better front fender and hood and fixed what i had $$$$$$.

Charger_Fan

I'm not sure what the exact differences in the columns are, but I'm pretty sure you can make a '71 column work in a '70. I got my yellow '70 as a mostly parted out rolling shell, and it was minus the column. I found one from a '71 in a boneyard & slapped it in there so I could steer it while I push the car around.

I haven't removed the column from my blue '70 to do a close examination of the differences. Maybe when I finally disassemble it & put it on a rotisserie, then I will compare them.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

charger chris

Hmmmm I'll have to look at the 72 one I have and see if they different. :scratchchin: :popcrn:

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Kern Dog

Quote from: charger chris on April 24, 2016, 04:56:05 PM
Is the 70 steering column with a( auto on floor) council the same as 71-74? :popcrn: :scratchchin:

The console is different. 1968-70 look similar but the 71-74 is totally different. The later ones are the same as used in the 70-74 E body cars.

charger chris

1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone