News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My disk brake swap with susp. and steering upgrade. UPDATE 7/21/16 pg. 7

Started by lukedukem, May 05, 2016, 07:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

Quote from: b5blue on July 09, 2016, 05:55:48 PM
Just yesterday I got under the front end and checked all the nuts and bolts. Sure enough some were not as tight as I recalled. Get under there and check even stuff ya didn't work on.  :2thumbs:

Lol, funny you mention that. I did that while going back together with it. and I did find some loose.  : : :scratchchin:
I'm in the process of checking all bolts agian while it's on the lift. Once it comes off, the shop will be occupied with the Oldsmobile 455 build for my homemade jet boat.  :icon_smile_big:
Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

UPDATE: 7/21/2016

car stops good but i am going to have to add the prop valve, the front brakes grab then there's a slight gap kinda, then the rears grab. i already had bought one from dr. diff just in case so now i need to buy a good tool set to install this, any suggestions on a brake line tool to get?

I also had issues with the cap leaking on the MC but only for the rear brakes. i swapped caps and still leaked, dr. diff said to try dorman caps, i got some but need to test drive to see if it still leaks, i might be related to the prop valve i need to install. putting to much pressure on rear causing cap to seep a slow leak. maybe.

i will update after i get the prop valve in and test it out. other than that the car stops way better than before.
might look at upgrading pads down the road, but not sure how to identify these, l'll call dr. diff

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

lukedukem

Quote from: lukedukem on July 21, 2016, 08:17:44 AM
UPDATE: 7/21/2016

car stops good but i am going to have to add the prop valve, the front brakes grab then there's a slight gap kinda, then the rears grab. i already had bought one from dr. diff just in case so now i need to buy a good tool set to install this, any suggestions on a brake line tool to get?

I also had issues with the cap leaking on the MC but only for the rear brakes. i swapped caps and still leaked, dr. diff said to try dorman caps, i got some but need to test drive to see if it still leaks, i might be related to the prop valve i need to install. putting to much pressure on rear causing cap to seep a slow leak. maybe.

i will update after i get the prop valve in and test it out. other than that the car stops way better than before.
might look at upgrading pads down the road, but not sure how to identify these, l'll call dr. diff

Luke

No more leaks, the cap swap fixed it. i still haven't put on the prop. valve. looking for brake line tool and some time.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

igozumn

Mastercool 71475 hydraulic flare kit.  A little pricey, but worth every penny.  Replaced the lines on my '96 Town car and that job paid for the kit. 
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."