News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona in print...

Started by Dave Kanofsky, June 06, 2016, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

I recently found (in my own garage!) the March 1989 issue of High Performance Mopar, and in it was an article on Wheels and Spokes Museum in Hays, KS. including a picture of what I believe is my Daytona!

Can someone with the Daytona ship list confirm if mine was the only one sold new in Kansas?

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Homerr

Which one is yours?   :cheers:

WINGMAN

Dave.  I live near Topeka and own a Daytona. I think there were around five or six other Daytonas sold new in Kansas. Mine was a OK car sold near Tulsa. I went out to Hays years ago and I think I saw yours in the Wheels and Spokes museum. (Wingman) JR.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Mopar John

I know that it isn't the top one on the list XX29L9B412542.
That is our B5 Daytona with white wing and hubcaps!
Can't believe everything you read or are told!
MJ

Dave Kanofsky

NICE! Thanks Homerr and Wingman...8 of them, go figure!  Darn those 1989 magazines fact checkers!

Mine is the Ed Schramm Dodge from Manhattan, KS, L9B412547

I'm still convinced that's my car, as it was in there from '80-'97, and that tire looks exactly like the spare that was in it when I got it, not to mention the colors, and visible options like no right mirror, etc.

John, I didn't realize our VIN's were so close!  As I recall, Hemigeno is right near there too.
:cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Mopar John

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 06, 2016, 03:32:18 PM
NICE! Thanks Homerr and Wingman...8 of them, go figure!  Darn those 1989 magazines fact checkers!

Mine is the Ed Schramm Dodge from Manhattan, KS, L9B412547

I'm still convinced that's my car, as it was in there from '80-'97, and that tire looks exactly like the spare that was in it when I got it, not to mention the colors, and visible options like no right mirror, etc.

John, I didn't realize our VIN's were so close!  As I recall, Hemigeno is right near there too.
:cheers: :cheers: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
Dave,
You are correct on the vin numbers!
Gene is right after us with L9B412543.
MJ

Homerr

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on June 06, 2016, 03:32:18 PM
NICE! Thanks Homerr and Wingman...8 of them, go figure!  Darn those 1989 magazines fact checkers!

Pre-internet was a whole 'nother era!

taxspeaker

I know that the Daytona was rare, but you guys missed the bigger issue on the magazine cover. I want more detail on the 13 second Omni build! I'm thinking of an OmniTona clone with a 2.2 4 cylinder.